cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: bereavement help being charged over £700 for dad dying

thankyou all for you help. 

i really hope to hear from the mods soon, as i was reading the email, and it said you cant get gamepass if you already had it. 

the guy on the phone said i would get it. i told him i had it with dads contract, and he said its ok, it can just be added on when that ends. it takes 2 weeks to come through.

i hope i havent messed up any help from the mods by calling. i keep thinking about what was said about me complicating it by not waiting.

i havent stopped worrying about the £6 extra compared to sky, but just keep thinking, ok i get 6 months of gamepass. itll be ok. i have to be really strict with money. i already turn all the lights off when im in a room, which i never did before, and havent popped the fan heater on for 5 mins when its cold. i was already careful before this, but now no one is here to help pay it.

the activation of the new bt contract is tomorrow. so many people have said so many things that are wrong on the phone. i got an email saying my complaint was closed, and i didnt even file a complaint.

i just wonder how bad sky can be? if i dont get gamepass after all this stress, and the £6 extra, staying with bt is alot more expensive.

anyway, i hope a mod sees this. thankyou all again for everything.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

I don't understand in this understandably difficult time why you're so obsessed with Gift cards that involve getting yourself into contracts with the big companies. Just cancel Sky and the monthly costs involved and just concentrate on sorting out the BT problem. You probably have a mobile phone as a standby means of communication?
I'm really sorry about you dad's demise.
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

@HHGTTG because im trying to pay as little as possible. the 6 months gamepass equals £60. the £90 sky card is two weeks shopping. 

sky is £72 less a year. with £90 of shopping vouchers. i already cancelled it, as ppl said to, and now am regretting it.

bt said theyd give me £60 of gamepass. the email said it isnt true.

if you cant understand why im trying to pay as little as possible, and why the cards are relevant  i dont know how i can make you understand.

also, judging someone, and policing their grief is something i hope you stop doing in the future. it was incredibly painful to read.

thankyou.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

@HHGTTG also, i had to get a new bt contract, as although they ended dads contract, without a new contract i wouldve had to pay the full amount of £180 on the 25th as the contract was moved to my name on the billing date, which was the 17th.

the only way to make it less was to get a new contract.

i need the phone for incoming calls from hungary.

edits: added @ 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

I'm sorry if I've upset you at this most difficult time. I don't really know what was in my reply that was so painful to read. We're only trying to help you.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

I believe that Moderators will open a complaint on your behalf as a means of tracking the issue to resolution. But it's also possible that it was raised by someone else & it was closed because you agreed a new contract.

It might be as well to drop @JohnC2 another message, just to check your still on the Mods radar.

0 Ratings