cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

TNT Sport Ultimate Schedule 8 May 2024

Go to solution

The UEFA Champions League semifinal  Real Madrid v Bayern Munich is not listed on the EETV (Youview) EPG  for the TNT Sport Ultimate channels on Wed 8th May. Is  this an omission  ?

A UHD stream of the match is listed as Upcoming from 7pm 8th May on discovery+ so WBD are expecting to steam it.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: TNT Sport Ultimate Schedule 8 May 2024

Go to solution

We've just had it confirmed that tomorrow's semi-final will NOT be on Ultimate.  I'm still trying to find out why.

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Yes I noticed that the uhd stream was removed from the discovery,+ apps earlier  today.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@DarrenDev would it anything to do with UEFA ditching UHD in favour of HD HDR to cut costs? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Sigh ***

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

UEFA only announced a decision on the final tie being produced in  HD HDR , the semifinal ties could and indeed at least some have been provided in 4K to some audiences.

The host broadcaster for the Wembley final  is  according  to IBC  WBD brand TNT Sports.

so one question for the final will TNT Sports linear channels on EE TV  boxes show the final in HD HDR or HD SDR ?

Next season the UEFA Champions League coverage is part of a new (non exclusive) contract  but more games  so it remains to be seen what 4K coverage will be available.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

All it means is that UEFA won't be distributing the final in UHD. That doesn't stop TNT from hosting that coverage themselves on TNT Sports Ultimate however it won't be what goes through UEFA.

Only in the madness-mind of UEFA does NOT going UHD = progress!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

This is so **bleep**, the absolute pinnacle of sport and most definitely football competitions not broadcast in UHD, whoever’s fault that is, it is ridiculous. Not one of the Semi finals available in UHD to TNT Sport customers even when it has been there on other channels not available to us. One guy on a thread I started located numerous foreign channels showing content not available to us:

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-TNT-Sports/Bayern-vs-Madrid-not-on-Ultimate/td-p/23...

How is it we are seeing less UHD content, the Champions League alone generates vast sums of money. Consistently since the start of this seasons champions league we have seen English Premier League clubs featured on Ultimate should they be participating and taking it in turns it seems given there is only one channel….which in its self isn’t enough. On any match day where an English club isn’t participating we are not seeing Ultimate coverage. I’m sure that if Arsenal and City made it through to the Semi’s that it would be on Ultimate.

The fact that there is only one channel still all these years after it was launched is crazy and we are starting to see less content, madness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Here we go again, no Champions League games on TNT Ultimate anymore, but was available in other countries.  We are officially a 3rd world county when it comes to technology.  Other EU countries are already on 10Gbit Broadband speeds, whilst UK are still rolling out 900Mbps.  Other EU countries easily broadcast in 4K, whereas UK can't even do that.

Astro Sport UHD/beIN 4K - English

M Liga De Campeones UHD - Spanish

BlueSport UHD - German & Italian

RMC Sport UHD - French

Canal+ UHD - French

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
EE Full Fibre 1.6Gbps - Adtran 2.5GbE ONT - Omada ER707-M2 Router in PPPoE
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

It really isnt cool, whilst from a price point of view I'm not as angry given I only pay 6 quid a month for HD/UHD which gives me all Sky Sports in HD and TNT Sports in HD....which is fairly reasonable, I am angry from a principle point of view. I would love to understand the reasoning behind it, whilst I accept French TV would probably go for UHD feed due to PSG being there but as per the other post we made other countries are broadcasting UHD.

The whole BT Sport to TNT Sport thing was made out to be a big deal but in what way have customer benefitted at all? This lack of UHD is surely a TNT thing and I'm not having that it is down to bandwidth, there has never been a problem before and you dont need a 10Gbit line to watch it, it comes down at 70Mbps, even a FTTC could scrape through that. Infact this isnt about broadband speeds in the UK, this is a decision made not to present coverage in UHD on a given channel and I cant see any legitimate reasoning behind it. Every single Premier League game on TNT without fail is in UHD and even when Amazon have done the bumper weeks where the are showing every game across 3 days, all feeds were UHD...and from memory that used to be 'In Conjunction with BT' or something along those lines.

To hear that the actual final, the biggest event in sport, apart from the Olympics I believe, isnt going to be in UHD is mental.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings