cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Anyone noticing Man Utds red shirts occasionally leaving a streaky shadow on TNT sports Ultimate

Youre right yes, I had Virgin before BT and you could indeed pay an extra fee for the UHD Sky Channel but pretty sure you also need to pay for Sky Sports basic first.....I was interested in just getting the UHD Sky Sports channel but in the end it works out better to have Discovery Plus because you can use that anywhere and not just on the box.

Sky Sports is delivered via NowTV isnt it on EETV and Sky havent even allowed people to have UHD there, which is mad. More and more people have giant TV's, 4K and HDR have become entry level stuff....the benefit from 4K is there for everyone so I hope Sky get around to opening it up somehow, I imagine at an extra cost, I doubt my 6 quid a month now will stay the same if I want Sky Sports UHD also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Re: Anyone noticing Man Utds red shirts occasionally leaving a streaky shadow on TNT sports Ultimate

I haven’t altogether given up hope of Sky Sports UHD, although I expect it to be at an additional cost in a similar fashion to Virgin Media. NOW is very much Sky’s budget brand and they’re really pushing Sky Stream at the moment. Although BT/EE are able to offer recording of the live channels which is something not available  to direct NOW subscribers.

I think the difference between HD and UHD is not as noticeable as that between SD and HD. When I started watching the Man Utd/Coventry SF the other day, I had totally forgotten that on my Panasonic tv the BBC HD channels are at 1 & 2 on the EPG, but ITV 1 HD is still at 103. Talk about blurry vision! It took me a few minutes to realise what I’d done wrong.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

I dunno mate, on a 65" TV is very noticeable between 1080p and 2160p....more noticeable on proper media and not streaming.

No ive not given up hope either, because I really want it, maybe its dumb hope.

I agree, Sky are pushing Sky Stream to compete more with the streaming box type people, I entertained it but BT's deal was far better and one of the main selling points was actually having a box with a HD in it. Sky Stream I think is a sham, recordings rely on internet apps, you have to pay more to skip ads but you can watch UHD Sports. Eventually I thought okay maybe ill just get Sky Q but that price was insane....for the same channels and internet.

So I came back to BT in the end and my own bug bear is lack of Sky Sports UHD, thats the only thing I wish I had, other than that the deal I got was great.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

@naylor2006wrote:

What's the link to this post on AV, I'm a member over there I'd like to go have a look.

It's here.

In reality a handful of people complaining across a multitude of platforms & TVs. It's such an issue that the thread had been dormant since January, until you know who bumped it.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Lol 🙂

That thread mostly started with HDR and other general issues.

I am of the opinion that the picture could be better, but its not worse than it used to be. Only thing thats made it worse for me is my TV is ten inches bigger now.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

It’s dormant because the issue isn’t taken seriously by ‘gurus’ like you and devs who aren’t interesting in helping. Because you’re happy doesn’t mean others aren’t. No one has actually properly tried to help me so these forums are great😝

You know who bumped it because you know who has noticed a downgrade in quality and isn’t afraid to bash TNT😅

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Do you watch Sky sports UHD and think this could be better…very much doubt it…

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

I’ve never had the opportunity to see Sky Sports UHD.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

If you ever get a chance, you’ll see how inferior tnt is.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

Well I’m hoping Sky will punt it via Now soon so us EETV folks can get it, I really want it!

0 Ratings