cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Phone wont work

Hi I'm using the back of the router to plug my phone into and I'm getting nothing from the phone its silent. Does the phone need to have its own power as this phone does not thanks for your help in advance

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Phone wont work

Are you on Digital Voice or are you still on the analogue system?

Has your phone just suddenly stopped working or has it never worked?

Does your broadband work?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

yes im on digital voice and my broad band is working ok. This is the first time ive tried the phone

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

If you go to hub manager 192.168.1.252 into address bar can you see your phone number and is it active

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

That's 192.168.1.254

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

A typo I guess?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Definitely, but needed to be pointed out

Message 8 of 14

Yes the phone is active

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Can you not tell us what sort of phone this is? Is is a DECT phone with its own answering machine charging base that requires to be plugged into a power socket or is it a much simpler handset that is/was powered from the BT  socket before you were changed to DV?

No one had asked until now perhaps it isn't relevant.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

@elephant1 

Yes the phone needs to have it's own power supply as unlike previously a 25v (or thereabouts) from the phone line powered the phone the hub doesn't supply any power.

0 Ratings