cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Saying incorrect username or password when logging into emails

Go to solution

When you log onto your MyBT and go to "Your Products" then "EMail, manage" what Account Type does it show you have at the top of the page?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

It doesn't show an 'account type' but it does give me the option to move to premium emails so I know I haven't got that.  I assume this costs more and as I didn't have any problems logging in prior to BT changing its log in I am hoping this 'bug' will be resolved.

I have tried making my one and only active email address 'my favourite' but no matter how many times I do this the next time I look the tick has disappeared from the box  when I next look.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

It should show the account type as per the following

Account Type.JPG

If it doesn't show the type of account and the fact that you can not manage your email account in MyBT I suspect that your email account has been "downgraded" to BTMail Basic.

Are there adverts showing when you log onto your email account using a web browser if there are it would confirm that you are on BTMail Basic

If that is the case it will require BT to sort this so post back with the above information.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

I have been a BT customer for all my adult life and this is the only email I've ever had.  I would not expect to be 'downgraded' without any notification from BT, neither did I ask for my email account to be changed.

I cannot log in to my email through a web browser at present (that is my reason for posting my issue on here) so I have no idea if there are adverts showing.  When I could log in a few weeks ago there were no adverts showing.  Is there anywhere on my computer emails it will confirm what type of email account I have?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Just to confirm I have no adverts when I log in to MyBT.  When I tick the box to make my email address my favourite it say it 'your favourite email has been changed' in a green box on screen, but when I click on see options again the tick in the box has gone!  I can do this over and over again and it will not stay ticked.  I thought having it as my favourite might resolve the login issue?

I've just tried again to log in to my email through MyBT but I am still getting the message 'you are using an incorrect email, username or password', its very frustrating!  I have no way of logging in to email when I am away from my home computer and no idea what's in my junk box that shouldn't be there!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Telling and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your email. We're really busy at present so the quickest way to get help would be to contact the help guys. You'll get the contact number at Email | BT Help. Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

Hi David

I managed to speak to them this morning.  The guy said my password has expired and I need to reset it.  I did tell him that as I can still access my emails from my home computer through Outlook that this didn't make sense and I can still get into MyBT.  However he said my home computer may be stuck in a loop and that within a few weeks I will no longer be able to access them.  Its apparently due to a security update/change at BT, brought in when they changed the login screen (and I assume a system change at their end). The reason I cannot tick the box to make my email my favourite is because they've removed that facility at present. 

I'm not totally convinced about this theory but he was very helpful and directed me to where I would update my password in Outlook if I do reset it.  The last thing I need is not to be bale to access my emails at all!  

I would appreciate your opinion on his advice?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Hi @Telling, if that was the advice from the email helpdesk than I would suggest you try this. They are the experts in this field. 

Update us on how you get on.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

Sorry its taken me a while to get the nerve up to do it. Done it and its worked, thank goodness. 

0 Ratings