cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

How to add more columns in Web Mail

Go to solution

How do I add more columns to my Web Mail screen?

For example my Inbox only shows three columns, i.e. From, Subject,and Date.

I would like to add a "To" column and perhaps a "Size" column.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: How to add more columns in Web Mail

Go to solution

You can not add more columns.

Would a "To" column in the Inbox not be unnecessary in any event as all the emails in your Inbox are "To" that inbox's email address.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Not necessarily - A quick skim of seeing if an email was sent directly to you, or as part of a mail list can help you identify an emails priority in an enterprise environment 🙂 

I'll admit, it's quite a unusual case though. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@djenson2000 

It is still sent "To" you regardless if it is sent to others on a mailing list and if it is part of a mailing list the rest of the recipients should be BCC to avoid any GDPR issues.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

gg30340

I have four BT email addresses all of which are forwarded to my primary email address. It would be useful to me to see which of the four emails are showing in a "To" column in my primary email address inbox. I'm able to see this quite readily if using Em client.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Not in my organisation, it either sent to my specific email, or [group]@maillists[domain]

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@allanraymond 

Try adding a new folder in to your Inbox for each of your forwarded email addresses. Then set up a rule for each one where any email with that email address in "To" is sent to their specific folder.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@djenson2000 

I am talking about using BTMail not a company's commercial email system.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

gg30340

Thanks, but I've already got a number of folders in my Inbox some of which are populated by emails conforming to specific rules (normally by Subject line content). I wouldn't wish to add to this by also separating according to the "To" email address.

I thought I was missing somewhere on BT Mail where there would be an option to add extra columns but as this isn't so I can manage using Em client in preference to BT Mail, the former allows me to add certain columns such as a "To" column.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@allanraymond 

As you are no doubt aware BTMail webmail just has a basic, and at the moment not a very good User Interface.

Using an email client is in my and other forum users opinion always the best way to access your email.

Most if not all email clients will have far more user adjustable settings and as a bonus that can not be changed by the email provider, where as webmail interfaces are made to have as little user adjustable settings mainly because the vast number of users don't need or want to change what they are given and it is easier for the provider to resolve problems should they arise.  

0 Ratings