cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Cant login to email

Go to solution

Hi, I have been having problems trying to login to email on both home laptops. After the home page comes up, waiting for emails to display and then a brief message comes up "saved" and then "This request took longer and timed out." comes up.

I dont have the problem when i try to login on my phone?

Any help appreciated

Mark

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Cant login to email

Go to solution

It may be a BT server problem.

Try tethering your phone to your laptop to see if using that connection lets the laptop log on.

If it does  turn off your BT hub for 15 minutes. When you turn it back on it should give you a new IP address and hopefully conect you to a different BT email server which will allow you to log on.

Don't forget to untether your phone.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

thanks for your comments. I am away at the moment and have tried the hotels wifi and still cant get onto the bt email. Same problem so I dont think its anything to do with the BT hub (which happens to be sky anyway. Its as if its something to do with BT as it has blocked both my laptops workin

Any further thoughts?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

How are you accessing your email account. Is it with a web browser or an email client/app?

Are you using the "new" log on page here. BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Will try again. I think it looks like we are logging in but that the emails are failing to upload. And then we are timed out. We are now trying to delete cache etc

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Phoned BT technical support and they sorted but not sure how. Something to do with the view command on the right of the screen. Anyway - thanks for all your comments

0 Ratings