cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 205

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Same here. Have to write email somewhere else, cut & paste, find where signature has been randomly put, delete excess lines above it and then paste over to get all fonts the same.

Thanks BT
0 Ratings
Message 112 of 205

@etherp @Cicero - can you confirm what version you're on? There should be some numbers in the address bar on webmail.

And just to confirm, the issue you are experiencing is when you are revisiting a saved draft, the draft does not match the original version you created? Formatting is not the same?

Email team are in the process of fixing the cursor and unexpected error issues @Cicero , but this might be a new one. 

0 Ratings
Message 113 of 205

Why are you ignoring the sign-in issue I posted about earlier?

0 Ratings
Message 114 of 205

@NickBS 

Thanks for your reply.

The version is 2.33.0 .

I have logged in again and composed a test email.

Edited email and it contained every thing I entered after save.

All previous errors seem to have gone.

Save now works.

There were no messages about every minute saying there was an error.

Cursor stays where I leave it.

I logged on exactly the same way as I did before, same desktop PC.

Message 115 of 205

My version is: ci-MX_3.4.1 on Chrome MacOS (but issues are the same on Firefox and Safari)

My main issues are generally super, super slow, the text cursor jumping to the start of the message whilst typing, the compose pain hanging for ages and setting off the computer fan (Chrome prompts to exit or wait for the page),  etc.

Thanks

Message 116 of 205

MX_3.4.1# - that it?
Message 117 of 205

When selecting multiple emails to delete, if you click anywhere bar the icon letter box you will be taken into the email then when you return back to the inbox all selected emails have been deselected.

I don't need a coloured letter to show who the email is from, i would like the old selection box as before.

A better way of scrolling through emails, the old way of an arrow either side of the screen was not good (it moved up and down depending on who the email was from, but the new Fwd and Rev buttons are small and not in a good position

Its a poor upgrade.

Message 118 of 205

@sherbs wrote:

I don't need a coloured letter to show who the email is from, i would like the old selection box as before.

As has been pointed out many times already and in this link

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Webmail-Work-Arounds/td-p/2353424

you can turn off the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

Message 119 of 205

Do you mean the "Save Draft" button? It works fine for me. And on returning to it in the Drafts folder I see a "Keep composing" button which is not a bad way to describe the action of continuing with the e-mail.
By the way, I have never seen the jumping cursor problem on any PC or web browser. So I suppose it's down to some particular combination of browser and graphics settings.
Message 120 of 205

If you don't have a preview option set (to show to the right or below) then the e-mail will open fully on a single left-click anywhere on the e-mail (except the tick box) as I would expect (a double-click will open it in a separate window which is a recent fix where I found a triple-crick was necessary previously).

The question then is how to select multiple e-mails and that's where clicking the tick box itself comes into play. I find this quite logical. And a nice feature is the tick box at the top of the list shows the number of selected e-mails.

If, however, the preview pane is enabled, a click anywhere on an e-mail will both select it and show it in the preview pane. Now, you can use the Ctrl or Shift key to select multiple e-mails by clicking anywhere on them. Again I find this logical.

The coloured letter is easily disabled (I'm not sure I like it myself) by going into settings and turning off  'Show avatar in message list'.

The Fwd and Reply buttons at the top of the window look fine to me :

ShaunOM_0-1714567660027.png

If you mean the reply arrow icon shown to the right of the e-mail, yes, it's a little small in common with many other webmail interfaces but this is a classic compromise when it comes to functionality and GUI design.

0 Ratings