cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

you view connection

Go to solution

Following a house move  and only just getting BT Broadband I have only just reconnected my BT You view box. It is telling me I have no  EE/TV  account. Why do I need this in order to run the You view box I have never needed to pay before. Is this just a scam.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: you view connection

Go to solution

What box & what are you trying to view? Is it an old T1000?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

As far as I can  see it is T2110 year 2017

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Newshed  if you connect a retail youview box to a BT or EE broadband line YouView will provide your box with an EETV branded home screen and a EPG (guide) that includes the EETV subscription channel listings . Their logic is I believe that YouView provide you wth the range of content that would be available if you take  out subscriptions.  If you inadvertantly access one of those channels or the EE player it would tell  you that you don't have a subscription.  The option to hide channels from the guide (EPG) exists.

Watching/recording your freeview channels should be as before and accessing any of the free players (eg iPlayer/ITVX etc) shoul be as before and if you have a subscription the relevent players  availabvle on that box should function as before.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks but not being tech minded I don't really understand what you are saying for me to do. Are you saying that BT and EE are scamming people into taking out a subscription service where before you didn't need one.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

The approach that Youview  have is to offer the full range of its partners services on your box. If the box is connected to a BT or EE broadband  Youview  shows you the services  from EETV  that would be available  (if you opted for a subscription).  If the box was connected  to a different  broadband  supplier  then Youview realises that and does not provide the EETV  channels in the guide and the EETV logoed   home page.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

It’s not clear what your problem is , if you want to use your BTTV box as a free to air receiver, so only want to use it for BBC, ITV , Channel 4/5 etc , are you saying it doesn’t allow you access to these , or as stated are you trying to access paid for content when you don’t pay for it ?

Having BT Broadband doesn’t provide access to paid for content, you need the appropriate subscription, but access to the regular ‘Freeview’ services should be available, perhaps you can give a better description of the issue you have 

Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

If it helps you can hide the subscription  channels from the guide. 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/channels/hide-unhide-channels/

Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Yes all I want is to view and record freeview and normal channels. I don't have and don't want subscription channels. But all I get coming up is that need an EETV account to log in.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

If you press guide on your remote which channel do you see listed first and if it is not BBC 1 what happens if you press 1 and OK.
if you have moved location since last using your Youview box  you may need to retune your box if you are in a different transmitter area. I assume you have a working Freeview aerial in your new home ,

0 Ratings