cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: SMS from BT_SMS "new Full Fibre promise"

can you delete address as this is a public forum 

dslchecker definately shows FTTP available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 17

Does anyone know the procedure to get the free upgrade to FF 100, as agreed when I  added  halo 3+ to my latest contract.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Although the Openreach checker shows that at a wholesale level the product is available for suppliers ( like BT , Sky Vodafone etc ) , it doesn’t necessarily follow that every ISP has the interconnections ready to link the OR FTTP network into their own ISP equipment, so does the BT.Com also show FTTP as available ?

TBH , if it does , it seems strange that you are encountering a problem, upgrading to FTTP once it’s available is still showing as an advantage of Halo3+ and occasionally it shows as an incentive  when taking  F2 for new customers, the T&C’s suggest those qualifying ( once FTTP is available ) will be contacted, hence the question if BT show FTTP as available.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Hi There All. Yes, this has just happened to me. How can this be "full fibre promise" ? I renewed with BT because this implied that as soon as full fibre was available they would upgrade me. Well, it's available now for me but they have told me that I'd have to take out a new two year contract in order to get this upgrade. And they'd not be able to give me any preferential terms as I'm not within 4 months of my contract end and so am not eligible to special deals. Not at all what the terms imply. Has anyone got anything in writing that actually describes this very loose term please? I'd like the actual terms and conditions that apply this this so called promise. They say "no exceptions" but it seems there apparently are some!!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

BT Halo 3+ Terms and Conditions

What is BT Halo 3+ and how does it work?

If you have BT Halo 3+, in addition to the rest of the BT Halo 3 Broadband benefits you’ll also get access to our Full Fibre, Hybrid Connect, Complete Wi-Fi and our Smart Hub.

1.  What is Full Fibre? Full Fibre is our next generation fibre broadband piped straight into your home. It’s our fastest and most reliable broadband yet. We are bringing speeds of up to 900Mb to our customers and our speeds are more consistent no matter how many devices are connected and what time of day.  Current BT Halo 3+ customers will be able to upgrade for free to Full Fibre 100 when it becomes available in your area. You will not need to re-contract.

Are you a current Halo3+ customer ? , if not AFAIK although the ‘free upgrade’ to FTTP when it’s  available, was a thing , it means no installation ‘fee’ , it never stated that  it wouldn’t start a new minimum term , or be at the prevailing rate for whatever FTTP package was chosen ( obviously if someone had F2 on FTTC , they can have F2 on FTTP  ) …. only the Halo 3+ customers get the ‘no recontract ‘ necessary benefit,  and they  have to take FF100 ( 150 Mb ) not having a unrestricted choice of speeds .

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

I am indeed a Halo 3+ customer

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Do you have any idea how I can sort this out please? Ive already spent a while on the phone last week and was obviously told a load of rubbish

0 Ratings