cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Incorrect FTTC allocation

Go to solution

Hi, struggling with connectivity for my dad.  His direct neighbours have fibre broadband.  I tried to get hom on fibre over a year ago, took 2 weeks of the provisioning date to be told by an Openreach engineer that there are no ports free in cabinet, it was taken off the system.  A year later, received notification that fibre now available, great, however Openreach engineer again advised that there are no ports.

My dad is 87 and lives alone, connectivity and streaming really are a life saver for him, and barely getting 5mg download on a good day with adsl.  I really don't know where else to take this.

Really would appreciate some advice to move this forward and get a port allocation for him.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Incorrect FTTC allocation

Go to solution

@RachelL 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Is he a BT Broadband customer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

He isn't at the min, we ordered via sky who use Openreach portal.

This issue has been ongoing for years, he was with plusnet previously who accused him of lying about his service and charged him a disconnection fee, it took me escalating a year ago to get the info needed.  I still have the email from the Openreach engineer about the cabinet allocation. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

What does the availability checker say for his address?

If he wants FTTC then it's possible that a spare port was taken by someone else. Although I'm not aware of any facility for anyone to be notified of a free  port. Could the notification actually be for FTTP?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@RachelL 

You need to post on the Sky user forum, as this is forum is for BT Retail Customers only, and has no connection to Openreach, who provide the network for many different ISPs.

https://helpforum.sky.com/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It was the openreach  checker that I used and registered with. Openreach advise his property can get FTTC.

I raumised the question here because it is an Openreach issue but Keith, note your comment and will try elsewhere. 

Thank you.

0 Ratings