cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

How do I get deposits back

I tried signing up for BT broadband in mid-January.  They kept giving me scheduled install appointments with OpenReach, but would then cancel the day of.  This happened 3 times.  Everytime I called to re-schedule, they said there was an issue with the system that caused an automatic deletion of the work order.  Each time, they had to cancel my old account and create a new one and take a new deposit.  I spent a total of £120 in deposits and service was never installed.  I eventually had to go with EE, which installed broadband within a week.  I called and messaged with BT multiple times to get my deposits back.  First, they said the deposit would be credited back to my account within a week.  I waited 2 weeks and nothing was there.  I called again and was told they would mail a paper check within 5 business days.  It has now been 3 months since then and they still have my £120.  It is beyond ridiculous and approaching theft at this point.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I get deposits back

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @datenogg98 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience trying to get connected. I'm sure we can sort this out for you. I've sent you a private message so please reply with the details and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings