cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: EE Mobile Sim

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. We’re expecting a letter any day now as our BT Mobile is out of contract next month. We’re in the same boat as you, so I’ll try the same trick and see if it offers a 12 month renewal. Otherwise we’ll just stick to a month by month contract as I don’t want to move to a 24 month EE contract which is also dependent upon having BT Broadband for 24 months with built-in price increases  for both.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

if you do get 40gb because of Halo, how do EE and BT interact.

i know its the same company , but its utterly shambolic way to do things.

Trying to migrate folk to EE for mobile, keeping them at BT for broadband whilst

offering mobile benefits for taking EE mobile.

BT are monolithic and disjointed and of course these 24 month contracts are scandalous, albeit one

is not forced to take one...One can go elsewhere as i will be doing for broadband being in a city fibre area.

Message 13 of 18

Go to solution

If it's any help, when my contract expired I just left it as it was. I pay the same amount (allowing for the annual increase) and still get the Halo double data. When I've renewed my BB, the agent asked if I wanted to go back onto a contract (I think they offered me a £1 pm saving) but I turned them down - coverage isn't great where I am so I like to keep options open.

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@mispeltyuoth Thanks. That’s exactly what I’m inclined to do. Coverage isn’t great where we are indoors so we use wifi calling. I’ve noticed that we’re now getting 5G when out walking the dog although it’s not recognised on the coverage checker yet. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

BT/EE have history of retiring plans so you may be turfed off it if you are out of contract. Happened to me on EE with a legacy SIM Max plan from a few years ago. 

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

We renewed last year to try and protect ourselves from being shifted over to EE. I’m expecting a letter any day now, so I’ll wait  see what it says and make a decision then. Thanks @orozz .

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

EE are refusing to give me uplift from 20GB to 40GB....Telling me ive already received it (ie from 10GB to 20GB)...Ive never came across a more shambolic company than BT....They dont talk to each other and have no idea what the other arm is doing.

OH, and guess what...I activated my sim at 8pm last night.....My data had reduced by 7.9GB whilst id been asleep....It seems ive been on snapchat, which i dont have since 10 April....ie before i activated the sim.....They have given me the data back, but ive no faith that who was using my data on the 10 april isnt still using it..

it took me 5 minutes for their IT to grasp i was losing data on my plan for periods before i had activated my sim...it only bloody arrived yesterday.

Id not move to EE...lol

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

Yesterday I received an email informing me that my BT SIM Only contract is up on the last day of the month. Within the email was the move to EE offer and also renew your current contract with BT, I was confused!

I rang the number and was able to renew for 12 months at last year's price (£8) with Halo benefits and roam like home still included!

The service agent did say that I wouldn't be able to renew after that because soon after that date BT Mobile would be no more. I'm surprised they allowed me to re sign but then again it gives them 12 months to move everyone else over.