cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Help Understanding Ultrafast Availability

Go to solution

Hi

Currently a BT customer and looking to switch to Ultrafast Broadband as soon it's available.

I've put my details into the availability checker and get the following results:

MWilliams7_0-1714569710370.png

I'm a little confused as in the table, "FTTP on Demand" is showing as available, but then in the report undeath it says it isn't. 

I figure it's just more waiting until Openreach do what they need to do, but if anyone understands this better than I do can help out that would be much appreciated!

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help Understanding Ultrafast Availability

Go to solution

FTTP on demand is a business product and not available  your need to wait until FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help Understanding Ultrafast Availability

Go to solution

As stated FTTPod is fibre to the premises on demand, and is where the applicant pays for the FTTP network to be constructed from a point called an aggregation node to the address , this means the price can vary enormously , depending on how close the nearest Agg node was , even if it’s pretty close, a good price would be in the order of £ 8K , so it’s not something the casual shopper would be interested in .

Not all ISP’s  offer this niche Openreach product ( BT don’t ) , an ISP that does can get a desk based survey to give an indicative price , after that a non refundable deposit of a few hundred ££ is required to obtain a contract price , ( because a full survey is done ) that’s why it possible to have FTTPod available when FTTP isn’t .

0 Ratings