cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fibre 900: Upload speed capped at 10Mbps

Go to solution

Hi, 

Last week, we had Fibre 900 installed. I vaguely recall that the upload speed from my computer was initially around 100Mbps (I was more concerned with download speed). However, for several days now, upload speed from my computer (and from other devices) has been around 10Mbps. Yesterday, I used the My BT app to measure speeds between the exchange and our Smarthub 2. The measured upload speed was exactly 10Mbps, suggesting it has been capped. I understand that the moderators are able to resolve this issue, so could one of the moderators please help with this.

Additional potentially useful information:

- BT Tech told me they cannot ‘see’ our Smarthub 2 and therefore cannot run a speed test.

- Our download speed measured with the My BT app (around 650Mbps) is below the

guaranteed download speed.

- We have digital voice, but it has not been activated yet.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.  

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fibre 900: Upload speed capped at 10Mbps

Go to solution

I'll flag for a Mod for you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DrJohn,

We will look into this for you. I've sent you a private message so we can pick it up within a couple of working days.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you, DanielS.
I have sent you a private message with the information you required.
I would be very grateful if you could resolve this issue.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi DanielS, 

Thank you for dealing with this issue, and thank you to another moderator, DavidM, for resolving it. Upload back up to 110Mbps! Fantastic! Very much appreciated!  

I have just one remaining issue. Our download speed to the hub (measured this evening at 565Mbps) is significantly lower than our 700Mbps guaranteed speed. BT Tech have advised me to wait until our digital phone is activated (next Wednesday), so that they can measure the broadband download speed and check for faults. I'll post again next week.   

DrJohn

Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for posting up again @DrJohn.

I'm happy that @DavidM was able to get the upload sorted for you.

It'll be good to see how your connection is performing once everything has been completed for you. Should you need any help afterwards, feel free to come back to us.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Just to let you know that our download speed is now OK.

Our digital phone was activated yesterday. All day, our download speed to the hub, measured with the MY BT app, was around 650Mbps (still below our guaranteed download speed). However, miraculously, this morning our download speed increased to 950Mbps. This evening, it was the same. So, everything seems to be fine now. Let’s hope it stays that way. Thank you for your help.

DrJohn

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @DrJohn, thanks for the update and glad that all is working as it should now.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

I bought a BT Smart Hub 2 and a WiFi disk a while ago. I've got plusnet broadband and get 110mbps upload speeds with their router but when I use the BT Router, my upload is capped at 50mbps. How can I fix this?

0 Ratings