cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Upgrade BT Smart Hub - 2 - BT Smart Hub 2 (Broadband Only)

Go to solution

Hi there.

As a preliminary to a change-out. If I save the 'config' of a BT Smart Hub, will the BT Smart Hub config blow into a BT Smart Hub 2 successfully ? Possibly, saving the 'reconfig' of numerous devices ?

Smart Hub 2Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Upgrade BT Smart Hub - 2 - BT Smart Hub 2 (Broadband Only)

Go to solution

I am sure that others here understand what you are asking but for what it's worth, when I get any new hub I connect ito my computer with an Ethernet cable and configure it myself to have the SSIDs and security password keys that the others had and that way it has seamlessly connected to all my devices. 

My first BT Hub was a HH3 and it is those idents on the back of that one with simplified admin passwords that I have put into at least two other Hubs bought from Amazon or ebay. My current SH2 was similarly doctored and so bears all the necessary information the original HH3 bad 12 years ago.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I doubt it.

I have two Smart Hub 2's and the config file from one will not load on the other.  I suspect the serial number is in there somewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

the config from existing hub will not load into new SH2

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

OK. Manual config it is, then.

CHEERS-!-rg.gif

0 Ratings