cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Copper/ASDL Broadband

@JimmyVee 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

VDSL is also delivered over copper cable, as well as ADSL. BT call VDSL a fibre connection which is misleading as its only fibre to the cabinet.

What speed do you normally get when your broadband is working?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Copper/ASDL Broadband

Hi. I’m in an area where fibre broadband is available, but doesn’t actually extend to my house, so I am still on copper/ASDL connection as is everyone on my road. On New Year’s Day a tree came down and took out the phone line and the estimated date of repair is the 10th of January, which I think is I acceptable. However, my question is that after looking at my bills, I see I am being charged for fibre broadband despite not actually receiving it, so can anybody tell me why this is and should I be due a refund for the last two years? Each time I have renewed my contract, (4 times) I have stressed that although I’m in a fibre area, it doesn’t actually extend to my house and that I shouldn’t be charged for it and now I notice, (yes, two years later and it’s my own stupid fault) that I have been. Looking forward to hearing what people have to say. Thanks 

0 Ratings