cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
32 REPLIES 32
Message 1 of 33

Re: ADSL Broadband after changeover

Go to solution
Hmmm, mine is £42.88/month paid quarterly and all I have is 700 free calls/month.
0 Ratings
Message 2 of 33

Go to solution

I would expect that nothing would change unless you were on some form of discounted rate, like some FTTC customers. You will just continue on a rolling monthly basis, as I do not think there was any discounted rate for ADSL. I pay £39.17 which includes unlimited weekend calls.

I saw no change when my contract ended a few years ago, apart from small yearly price increases.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 33

Go to solution

Thanks Keith but my contract ends in March 2024 so what do I then? Can I continue on a monthly rolling 30 one and if so will I keep my 'benefits' i.e 700 free minutes (no longer offered I believe) and undoubtedly I shall be told that this would be a more expensive way of doing things. I presume that contracts offer cheaper monthly/quarterly chargers.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 33

Go to solution

No specific reason why ADSL should not continue. For many, that is the only option available due to the fact they are on an EO cable, or too far away for VDSL.

Of course BT would love for you to upgrade, so they can offer Value Added Services like TV.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 33

Go to solution
Well, probably only to the end of 2025 I have been told here and then I will have to go FTTC or FTTP. I suppose I'm defined as a stick in the mud who gets anxious over change, well I own up to that. I'm quite happy with my 17Mbps via WiFi as long as the Exchange are willing to provide it. Of course the sales people are pushing me for a new contract all the time where ADSL isn't an option.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 33

Go to solution
BT's publicity about the change to DV is misleading - maybe deliberately so.
The stuff you get sent in advance of the change to DV talks about "retiring the old obsolete copper network" so that you think they are going to install FTTP when the DV change takes place. That is what I thought also, until I received my SH2 and was told all I had to do on changeover day was take the phone plug out of the wall socket and plug it into the back of the SH2.
This has worked of course, but the "old copper network" has certainly not been retired - it's still providing my broadband service!
Looking at the "service availability" webpages, my local area has no prospect of FTTP for the foreseable future, so I guess the copper network will be in existence for quite a few years yet.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 33

Go to solution

Yep FTTC comes over the existing copper wires and uses the same master socket. The microfilters are not needed if you have digital voice, so feel free to remove them too when you get switched over to it.

But, with one exception: If you have an old rotary phone, you might want to keep the phone plugged into a microfilter though, as I read that it generates the ring for these older phones.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 33

Go to solution

I assume then then that FTTC comes over the existing copper lines to the old master socket and then into the SH2 using the ADSL socket?

When setting up my package earlier this week the pushy sales guy assumed I had the original 12 year old HH3 which I gave up earlier this year and replaced it with my own Smart Hub 6 so assume they were going from their records and not any detective work?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 33

Go to solution

Ah, problem there is that they'll detect the SH2 and assume they don't need to send you one.

I believe Fibre 2 is FTTC/VDSL.  Full Fibre 2 is FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 33

Go to solution
When i was offered a new package as said before it was based on BT Broadband Fibre 2 so i don't know whether it is FTTC or FTTP. The whole telephone experience was fire.
Ive already implemented my own ebay bought SH2 with msrked WAN port though i turned FTTP Off, in Settings.
0 Ratings