cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Rising Costs

Go to solution

Not sure why this has been marked as just resolved. Perhaps someone is picking up points for tiding up loose ends?

Stew

Message 12 of 18

Go to solution

@StewM 

You said you were leaving the discussion, and as you originated this thread, I assumed you had gone. Its just tidying up, no other reason.

@lickmelickme  has already started a new thread on this issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/excessive-bill-increase/m-p/2361502#M167434

Message 13 of 18

Re: Rising Cost

Go to solution

Keith, I posted as I received an email saying the post had been resolved?

Have you enough time on your hands to be looking for items posted over a month ago?

Stew

Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

@StewM 

I do not need to manually look at posts, they are picked up by the RSS feed and automatically sorted by date descending order. So your last post appeared near the top of the lounge list, which brought it to my attention, especially as the thread was re- activated by @lickmelickme 

I am retired, so I do have plenty of time to check on what is posted on the forum. My impression was that you were no longer participating in this forum.

As you started the thread, you can mark your post as not the solution, assuming you wish to continue posting on that thread.

Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

I have the same dilemma. I am halfway through a 24 month deal and face being ripped off until May 2025. When I signed up to Halo 3 in 2021 I was paying around £34.99 for broadband and £10.99 for BT TV. What with following price rises it is  currently £51 for broadband and £22 for BT TV totalling £73 per month. The rise of full fibre competitors  have lowered prices and I can get fibre for a lot less including BT or is it EE?

Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe 

I replied having received an email that the thread had been marked as resolved. I too am retired, but I am also retiring myself from the BT Community Forum.

Good luck 

Stew

Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

@edbostan 

Whilst in no way endorsing BT's price rises, why on earth did you recontract in May, following the largest rise of all?

@StewM 

A little ironic that you're implying @Keith_Beddoe has too much time on his hands, while making your third announcement that you're leaving. It's obviously entirely your decision but if you're going to leave, then just leave. Don't keep coming back to tell us you're leaving & have a snide dig at a CL. Either request your account be closed or turn of email notifications & just don't log in. For avoidance of doubt, you really don't need to respond.

Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

@edbostan 

If you would like to post here https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/Billqueries

Then I am sure you will get some suggestions on what to do to reduce your bill in future. BT Retail and EE, as separate companies, do have their own pricing, but also different features. They also have their own user forum https://community.ee.co.uk/