cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Netflix account hijacked at end of contract?

My 2 year TV package including basic Netflix came to an end in August. I understood that the contract would roll over and Netflix would continue until I said otherwise.

End of last week I found my netflix account to be in Spanish and I couldn't access any account details. I switched the language to english and was still able to access content.

I contacted BT who said the netflix auto roll over may have stopped and offered a new 2 year deal on top of broadband.

I accepted but only took netflix basic.

A day later I had an email from BT to state that I had requested to upgrade netflix to premium! This was totally bogus.

I contacted BT who said they'd ring back today to discuss the new contract progress and netflix account issues, but I've not had any call back.

I've accessed netflix on the YV box and it shows five Spanish accounts now with pin number access! I am totally locked out!

What on earth has happened? Has my netflix account been hacked?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Netflix account hijacked at end of contract?

Sounds like it, but fortunately you just need to contact Netflix and they can kick the other user out and restore your access. They're used to this sort of thing happening.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Ta, I've had a call with BT who will also contact Netflix. The upgrade request to premium was the weird part. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I've had exactly this issue, my account was switched to premium at the end of august which i switched back and then again today it was switched back which triggered me to look into it. I logged into my netflix to find there was no active account, after a call with bt i went to bt.com/bttv/netflix to try and recover the account to find a random email address as the account email. I then called Netflix and to their credit were very quick to sort the issue and transferred the account back to the correct email, you'll need the service code off the recovery page to help though.

when i regained access i found the same as yourself, the whole account was in spanish with 5 pin locked accounts! i've now deleted them all and changed it back to my name etc.

It feels like there's something gone wrong on BT/Netflixs side here as i've had no emails to say there was any activity or that the payment details/account has been transferred to a different email. my original account was still there so its either the profile or something that's been moved.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The problem is the payment method on your already existing account expired and Netflix froze your account, therefore since you are already paying through Sky or another provider, the system automatically assigned an account as its not possible to be paying without one, since the Netflix and Sky accounts(household) are already linked. On the other hand if the email you used is not what you update with a payment method, you will pay to both Sky and Netflix with 2 different accounts.

0 Ratings