Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 103

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

@everybodyhatesChris 

Just in case you missed the crucial bit:

"It won't offer any live content or replays."

So you'll still need the Discovery+ app to view live.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 103

@rbz5416 

Don't worry, I get it.

You still need an active subscription to watch TNT Sports. Not that it's an issue for me as I'm locked into the service via a number of ways and currently have no intention of leaving in the near future.

There's currently so much content on the BT Sport app such as highlights on stuff I've not seen or would like to watch again. I'm just hoping that whoever is responsible for the upkeep of the new app allows a similar amount of content to be archived for a similar length of time. If not I will just have to accept it as it is.

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 103

Timeline technology as you call it is very much supported by Discovery+ including while casting. Actually the latter may depend on your Chromecast dongle or device as my (latest version) dongle has the Discovery+ app installed on it so no need to to cast from my phone.

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 103

@gomezz Bully for you. Like many users i am finding the discovery+ app temporamental at the best of times - as evidenced by similar feedback recorded by users on Play Store. As for casting, it doesn't seem to matter which method I use (whether i use my Chromecast Ultra device or a TV/PVR with inbuilt Chromecast). The result is still the same in that the app does not allow you to watch from the beginning when casting. This could be an incompatibility issue with the Google Home app itself, but somehow i doubt it.

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 103

Timeline isn't supported when casting - we tried on BT Sport and the devices can't handle it in that mode.
If it's a Google TV or Android TV device then you need to install the full discovery+ app for that experience. For regular Chromecast devices, you're limited to watching live.
Message 86 of 103

@DarrenDev Thanks for confirming what I suspected.

Regards,

Chris.

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 103

As I post I am chase-playing the baseball currently being shown live on TNT Sports 1 using the Discovery+ app on my Chromecast dongle. So I stick with my assertion that it is possible on some devices if not on others.

Or have I been misdirected as to what is meant by "Timeline" in this context?

As to why some users have problems streaming with Discovery+ while I do not then maybe one factor may be that I tend to use it to catch up on superbike coverage midweek rather than pile in on a popular event live  which would point the finger at the load on the servers causing it to creak?

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 103

The device you have is a "Chromecast with Google TV". The experience you're seeing is from Google TV, not Chromecast.
That's only available on new models since September 2020 - 2 devices.
If you uninstall the app from your device and then use your mobile/tablet to control it, you'll then see the more basic Chromecast experience.
Message 89 of 103

So you accept that chase-playing / timelining *does* work on the Discovery+ app on some casting devices. The inner workings of how and why and the subtleties of the nomenclature of the technology is not really something the average punter need concern themselves with.
0 Ratings
Message 90 of 103

The timeline feature runs on some devices that are also capable of casting, but not "while casting".