cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 103

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

Understood @stewarthastings - if you cannot upgrade your device then you can try using the web site, or you can cancel your subscription.  There is no chance whatsoever that they'll add support for older devices.

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 103

Hi, the link you sent took me to discovery+ where it said I was already activated and for a moment it looked as though I'm was into TNT sports. But when I try to access live football it asks me about "upgrading passes".  I click that link and wants me start paying more money to watch, i.e. an eye watering £29.99 per month!  There's a button to 'Redeem a Voucher' but I've no idea what that's about.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 103

Please try the link one more time, but when it takes you to the discovery+ and shows you a form to create an account, use the "Sign in" link in the top right corner. Sign in with the account that is currently telling you to upgrade.

If it tells you that you've already activated before you even get to the discovery+ site then email me at tv.apps@bt.com with your BT account number, and I'll sort it.
0 Ratings
Message 74 of 103

Hi, no, still the same as before.  Logs me in then won't let me watch sports without paying more money.  I've emailed you my BT account number as requested.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 103

Apologies if the details in this inquiry have already been broached etc...

It has been well documented that the BT Sport app and online website etc will close on 12th October.

However, I have been told on several occasions by various sources within BT consumer that the app itself will be superceded by a TNT Sports app. 

I would appreciate some clarity on this if possible: in terms of its sporting content and UI the BT Sport app is far superior to that of discovery+, which by comparison contains a sparse amount of content and still does not support timeline technology when casting.

I have contacted discovery plus via the developer email address and have received no technical assistance whatsoever beyond receiving a standard insincere response about how my feedback is important to WBD etc etc. Not impressed, yet somehow not altogether surprised either.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 103

I've no idea who told you that but that is the first mention i've ever seen of a separate tnt sport app. Given all the support on here etc I think it's safe to say it's discovery+ going forward as why would they see a need for a separate tnt sport app when they already have discovery+ ?

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 103

In addition I am not sure what is meant by "timeline technology". If it means flagging of goals and cards and wickets and tries then as far as I am concerned its omission is a good thing, a very, very good thing. OTOH if it means chase-playing live coverage then Discovery+ is excellent on this on a par with BBC iPlayer which is the only other app I know of which caters for this.

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 103

I can confirm that on the 12th, the BT Sport apps on iOS and Android mobiles and tablets will be replaced with a new "TNT Sports" app. This will be free for everyone, and will contain the free clips, highlights, and articles that can currently be found in the BT Sport app. It won't offer any live content or replays.

The BT Sport app will be automatically updated to the TNT Sports app, if you still have it installed and your device supports it (i.e. everything but Huawei devices).

On all other platforms, the BT Sport app will be closed down with no replacement.

Message 79 of 103

This is what I was hoping for!

Thank you for taking the time to clarify the situation.

Regards,

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 103

From my point of view 'Timeline Technology' means being able to watch the live content from the beginning, fast forward, pause or rewind so if you miss the beginning of a live match you can watch it at your convenience. Hope that helps.

0 Ratings