cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 103

Re: The BT Sport app is closing on 12th October

@DarrenDev Thanks for the advice: succint and helpful. Those users who debase themselves by making supercilious remarks on a community forum: not helpful. 

Message 92 of 103

Hi,

I am unable to activate my Discovery+ subscription. I have BT Sport (TNT Sport) subscription only.

When I click the link on https://www.bt.com/sport/discovery-plus and log in to my BT account, my dashboard/home page comes up with just my subscription details E.g. discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports).

When I client on My BT then 'Your Products' the website redirects me back to my dashboard/home page again, in an endless loop. Please help!

Me account is GBxxxxxxxxxxxx (I have two old ones GBxxxxxxxxxxxx & NDxxxxxxxxxxx not in use).

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 93 of 103

Hi @DickieO, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

The old accounts linked to your BTID are causing the problem. if you have another email address you can set up another BTID with that email address if it has not been used before as a BTID it will work ok. 
Cheers 
John

Message 94 of 103

Simplest option is to use www.bt.com/sport/activate-discovery-plus... this will work no matter how many accounts you have on your profile, or will show a more helpful message if it fails.
Message 95 of 103

So what is it called when you click the Cast icon in the app on your phone and it starts the stream in the casting device using its inbuilt version of the app ... which is what appears to be happening? The distinction is very blurred in my view.
0 Ratings
Message 96 of 103

Thanks for replying, will get it sorted 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 97 of 103

Thanks for replying all.  Darren's link posted above worked for me!

Up and running with Discovery+ and TNT Sports now.

Thanks again 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 98 of 103

Ahhh @gomezz you're right - it does become very blurred. That feature is called "cast connect" - we had it in the BT Sport app too. It's not casting, but it's using the casting process to launch the app.
Message 99 of 103

It can actually be a very handy way of doing things as it is easier to find stuff on the app on your phone and can be done while currently watching something else using the casting device.
0 Ratings
Message 100 of 103

Activating the Discovery Plus App has been easy, as is accessing it via my PC, but the statement that nothing is changing is not true! I have noticed that some of the content previously available on BT Sport is not available on Discovery Plus, for example the WRC (Rallying) Highlights programmes are not listed, only the individual stages. I queried this with Discovery Plus support who told me that these programmes are not available. It would be nice if someone could confirm what content has been lost in the move from BT Sport to Discovery Plus

0 Ratings