cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

@DarrenDev 

When you were testing your Firestick 4K Max, was it connected to a 4K UHD screen, or a 1080P one? Do you know what WBD were using in their testing?

AFAIK, the default for a Firestick is to set its output to the maximum that both it and the screen can do. So, a 4K Max connected to a screen with a maximum resolution of 1080P will output at 1920x1080P, but if it is connected to a screen that can do 3840x2160P, it will output at that resolution.

I'm just wondering if the extra processing power required to generate a 2160P picture over a 1080P one might be enough to make this issue occur?

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 213

Mine is connected to a 4K TV running at 2160p59.3 - yet still the UCI Track Cycling looks perfectly smooth. X-Ray shows 1080p50 content with no frame drop.
0 Ratings
Message 83 of 213

Can a member of the BT team please help?

For a couple of years I had the BT ultimate pass and stream via an App. A few months ago I swapped to the “BT on Sky” monthly pass so that I get the channels on my Sky box as well as the BT app. (So I’m still paying BT, as opposed to taking this out via Sky)

As a result, I have two accounts or two products on my BT profile. (The cancelled Ultimate Pass, and the live “BT on Sky” package) When I log in, the “My BT” section ALWAYS forces me to the original account I had, and asks me to restart my ultimate pass subscription.

As a result, when I try and follow the activation steps for TNT discovery plus, I can never complete the activation because I get defaulted to my cancelled ultimate pass.

So eventually if this carries on, once the BT App is taken down, I won’t be able to log in to Discovery Plus to watch TNT.

Im stuck in this loop and just want to resolve what is quite simple problem. 

Anyone able to support?

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 213

Also worth noting if they’re using the Eurosport channels as a test, and not TNT, they’re going to get different results because they’re encoded differently.

Testing should be TNT Sports and output needs to be p50 for accuracy. 

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 213

Just checked the cricket on TNT Sports 1. Display 2160p50, content 1080p50 with no reported frame drops, no visible frame drops, and very smooth panning shots.

Note: I know you're not alone in your report of frame drops, as we also had this during trials too. We're just trying to work out what's different.

Message 86 of 213

Currently got TNT Sports 1 on (West Indies Vs India) and it’s still a shuddering juddery mess of a playback experience with the 4K Max Stick.

Dropped frames currently sits at 243 in the 5mins I’ve been watching. I’ll go back to Chromecast Ultra until it’s sorted, if at all. (I can’t help but feel WBD are dragging their heels, I’ve been on at them for years about their Fire Stick app, and still it’s garbage, so this being so poor shouldn’t be a surprise to them because I know I’m not alone) 

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 213

I was playing with the Discovery+ app on the 4K Max to test the HDR transmission today.

Saw this post and switched to the cricket - but can not see any drop-outs at all.

UPDATE: Now seeing an occasional one - which is not present on the main channel on BTtv box.

@Popeye13_Officialwrote:

Currently got TNT Sports 1 on (West Indies Vs India) and it’s still a shuddering juddery mess of a playback experience with the 4K Max Stick.

Dropped frames currently sits at 243 in the 5mins I’ve been watching. I’ll go back to Chromecast Ultra until it’s sorted, if at all. (I can’t help but feel WBD are dragging their heels, I’ve been on at them for years about their Fire Stick app, and still it’s garbage, so this being so poor shouldn’t be a surprise to them because I know I’m not alone) 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 88 of 213

Just looking now, I personally have no issues with dropped frames or similar on my Fire TV Stick 4K Max, and the colour, etc., looks good - albeit the 4K channel isn't showing at the moment, and I do recall issues on that with the Boxing on Saturday.

However, the issue I do have is with the framerate - currently checking both TNT Sport 2 (showing a football replay) and Eurosport (showing surfing) the framerate is 4K60. Upscaled by the Fire TV Stick, but with the wrong framerate.

Checking the iPlayer, and that is correctly 4K50.

The BT app is also 4K50 for TNT Sport 2, so that is right on the same content.

I can't see anywhere within the Discovery app to correct for this, and the Fire TV Stick is set up correctly, hence the BT App and the iPlayer being correct.

I have an LG TV and as above that is unusable for Discovery+ as I get dropouts every few seconds (Viaplay isn't much better on the TV, and works but is also the wrong framerate on the Fire TV Stick).

Hope that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 213

@Richr1 it's accepted that the app doesn't currently switch the display refresh rate, but you can manually change that in your Fire Stick display settings as a workaround. Set it to 50Hz, and the discovery+ content will be smoother.
Message 90 of 213

@Popeye13_Official they're doing all they can now, but as the issue only appears to be affecting a subset of users (and isn't model specific), it's going to be a tough one to solve.

0 Ratings