cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

Should the BT Sport app on Samsung Tv be streaming  TNT Sport Ultimate coverage of tonight’s boxing ?

I can see no tile /route to activate  a 4K UHD or HDR strea , nor is there any  messaging’s that I should use discovery+ instead. ?

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 213

There's no Ultimate in the BT Sport apps anymore - discovery+ only.
BT Sport apps only offer the standard channels now.
Message 73 of 213

The playback on TNT Ultimate is a shambles on Fire Stick 4K Max!

It’s even worse than the HD channels. Choppy doesn’t even come close to it. 

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 213

Doesn't surprise me - if it can't keep up with 1080p50, it's really going to struggle with 2160p50.
Amazon devices do need specific code when playing video as they don't behave like a normal Android TV device. WBD are definitely investigating though, and I'm sure they'll get there soon.
0 Ratings
Message 75 of 213

I knew Amazon devices were odd, but i didn't know they were that odd.

Hope so on the playback issues, its getting difficult to find a device that isn't clunky and struggling. Had to dig my Chromecast Ultra out to be able to watch the Boxing tonight. That also refused to play the Ultimate stream, just audio. Thankfully the HD stream is very good quality.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 213

I have gone to chromecast 4k with google tv, its not triggering Atmos on ultimate, im not sure if the boxing is in  Atmos but is advertised when logging in. I have checked the settings on the chromecast and theres no reason for it not to trigger.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 213

@Popeye13_Official

Hard to beat the Apple TV 4K for perfect playback.

Message 78 of 213

The only app on a Sky Q box that works as intended is Netflix. 

The rest are inconsistent at best and they have doubled down on poor performance with the web based versions of apps on Glass and Stream.

The lag as they wait for server responses are already legendary, especially when trying to use terrestrial catch up services.

On Q, my experience of YouTube is it crashes every few videos, Apple TV+ and Paramount+ regularly have to stop to buffer and Discovery+ catch up keeps getting stuck in an advert loop!

Honestly, the negligence is criminal, steer we’ll clear of Sky hardware for app viewing is my advice.

I’ll still test TNT on it though…

On Sky Stream I've not found it too bad but then I really have only used the iPlayer/YouTube/D+ apps. Netflix does suffer from a bug of shows not loading beyond 20% but as I rarely watch Netflix so doesn't affect me.

I've found D+ ok for Eurosport, the reason I'd quite like it to (if it's at least functional) is to reduce the number of devices needed to watch Sky and TNT on the same screen on my various TVs very much a 'first world problem' I know. The D+ app on my LG TV however is dreadful and almost unusable! 

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 213

For those having issues with the Fire Stick, what device model do you have and what power supply are you using?

@Popeye13_Official I know you've mentioned yours is a 4K Max - are you using a good power supply, or are you powering from your TV's USB port?

Reason I ask is that WBD are struggling to reproduce any issues with the app.

I've just confirmed that my 4k Max plays live content without dropping any frames (there were a few OS updates since I'd last plugged it in - might be worth checking you're up to date).

I did manage to reproduce a poor experience on my Fire Stick 2nd Gen, however that was only for the first couple of minutes after which it ran perfectly smooth as long as the player overlays weren't on screen (system x-ray confirmed  235 frame drops in the first couple of minutes and then it didn't increase any more until I pressed a button to bring up the overlays).

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 213

Hi Darren.

I’m using the supplied USB cable and mains plug. 
I updated the OS this morning and restarted as usual but haven’t tried D+ as yet, but that’s weird they’re struggling to reproduce the issues while mine has been going haywire on dropped frames for 1080p50 video, and not even able to playback 2160p50 at the weekend without it looking like old style CCTV single-frame stuff, but has no issue with BBC iPLAYER 2160p50 HDR (Wimbledon)

A while ago I factory reset the stick 4K Max because of the choppy playback on D+ (Eurosport 1080p50) which had no effect on quality, it remained juddery and always has.

Never had playback issues with BT Sport app either, that was always solid, even on the odd occasion 4K was opened up and it played back smooth and dropped no frames.

0 Ratings