cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

@Jason001 

"check the picture yourself"

I don't have BT/TNT Sports any more, so can't check.

I was just explaining how live Outside Broadcasts from outside the UK usually work, and that it is not always fair to blame the picture quality on the company you are paying for the the service - based on 34 years experience as a TV Broadcast Engineer, (at BT).

Message 42 of 213

hi, i never said as far as i can remember check the picture yourself, you cant if you dont have tntsports, that is far enough, its a shame, as i would have liked your views on the colour output of all of the sport on there at the moment.

What i said was if it was just the 1 football match then i would say you have a good point in what you are stating, but it isnt just the one match, ive noticed this on everything ive watched on the discovery plus app, on tntsport 1,2 and 3, but it looks colour wise so much better watching the same program on the bt app.

I fully agree with you, if the feed that is supplied is poor, then that is going to effect the quailty of the transmission, my thread was talking about the colour and not the picture quailty etc, i didnt watch the game long enough to even see what the picture was like, i was looking at the colour very briefly to see if it saturated, and sure enough it was.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 213

Unfortunately, the previous Multicast address doesn't seem to work anymore. Are you able to provide the latest one?

This is what I currently have 109.159.247.0/24

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 213

Hey guys, forgive the absolute newbie question - but how do you get Multicast TNT (BT) Sport?

If I stream via the BT App on my TV, is that multicast?

Really like the idea of just a 10 second latency to satellite versus the approx 30 secs we get with Sky Stream. 

I have the BT App and use it a lot more than the Sky Stream (their picture quality is awful compared to the app) but unsure what latency BT App has. 

Any help much appreciated! 

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 213

Multicast is only available via the BT TV set top boxes, with a BT TV subscription.
Message 46 of 213

Thank you!

Is it possible to have a BT Sports only sub on the set top box?
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 213

Yes - if you have BT broadband.
https://www.bt.com/sport/buy#sportpackages
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 213

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 213

This is currently how bad it is on the Fire Stick with the judder and frame drops.... One minute of playback on the WRC Special Stage (TNT Sports 5) 

I don't have any hope they're ever going to fix this, its beyond a joke!!! How a company the size of Discovery can still have this issue for so long is beyond me, whereas when i brought an issue to BT's attention, it was fixed within a week.

TNT Sports Frame Drops (small).png

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 213

Can I just confirm that BT/TNT Sport viewers should now treat the Discovery+ app as the place to go for catch up rather than the BT Sport app?

Seems to be BT Sport app content addition is now even more hit and miss than it was before as evidenced by the missing extended highlights of the West Indies v India Second Test match. No Day 1 nor 2 yet still showing all the days from the First Test.

0 Ratings