Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 213

Re: Take your seat for TNT Sports

Just Discovery+ mate, i haven't got a clue about BT TV

Message 32 of 213

I admit I am slightly bemused by the idea that I can have TNT Sports through BT TV on a £10 per month deal and get the £29.99 per month version of Discovery+, but I am happy if that continues to be the case.

If HD remains standard then fab, if the 4K is also thrown in then I will be ecstatic, if a little surprised.

Watched 10 minutes of a Champions League qualifier last night via D+ on Apple TV in HD, timeline worked well for incidents but the colours were terribly over saturated. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 213

The HD bolt-on is only needed if you want to watch in HD/4K via your BT TV or Sky box.
If you're using the discovery+ app then HD and 4K are included as standard for everyone.
Message 34 of 213

Watched 10 minutes of a Champions League qualifier last night via D+ on Apple TV in HD, timeline worked well for incidents but the colours were terribly over saturated.

hi, im glad someone else has noticed this, when i watch tntsports 4 it seems ok the rest of the tnt sport channels are terrible colour wise, as you stated way over saturated, but on the bt app, they are fine

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 213

Thanks for the clarification @DarrenDev 

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 213

@stereohaven @Jason001 

"Watched 10 minutes of a Champions League qualifier last night via D+ on Apple TV in HD, timeline worked well for incidents but the colours were terribly over saturated."

I think that match was being played in Luxembourg?

TNT would have been taking a match feed from the "host broadcaster" and would have had no control over the technical quality. They probably just "ingest" the incoming World Feed and turn it around for transmission to viewers.

TNT/ (BT Sport), are only direct control of the the match coverage from a technical and production view if they are the "host", which usually means events taking part in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 213

I believe the one from Tuesday @ 4PM was SD from the host broadcaster, it was abysmal yet, the graphics were pin-sharp when TNT showed any, so it wasn't them. Sadly there is no minimum standard for the qualifiers until the third round, so you're going to get some properly ropey stuff until then from some places.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 213

For those of you used to using the enhanced player in the BT Sport app to chase play a live event. I can commend the chase play functionality in the D+ app which I assume allows "rewinding" by up to three hours as per the old Eurosport Player from which this feature was inherited. For one thing, no spoiler markers on the play bar for goals, tries, wickets etc which is why I never liked using the BT Sport app enhanced player.
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 213

hi, paul 608085

this is not just on the football its on all of there programs, on tntsport1 2 and 3 (not sure on 4), if it was just one game then i would agree, but its not.

Also if it was just a feed issue, then dont forget the same game, as fine on the bt sport app.

i watch wwe last night, on discovery, the red was way over saturated, check the picture yourself on the 2 apps when there is say red seatings on the program, it is very saturated here at least, on a computer using firefox, and my sony 4k tv

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 213

Thought it might be linked to the host broadcaster, something clearly isn’t right in the chain.

Luckily the quality of football was worse than the picture so I stopped watching!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | BT TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings