cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 31

Summer Time Setting keeps going back 1 hour?

Help!

I have a set of the BT Premium trio handsets that i have had since last May.  I changed the time via one handset to the winter time (1 hour back) with no problems and it also change the other handsets, but since changing an hour forward it keeps changing back on it's own to an hour before.  It also changes the 24 hour format back to 12 hour.

I have tried changing on the others but it keeps happening.  And sometimes it even claims this is set by another handset and won't let me change it - this also happens on the other handsets.

Anyone can help as this is strange?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Re: Summer Time Setting keeps going back 1 hour?

Regardless of the time you set, the correct time is sent by the network. If your phone provider BT?

Is the date set correctly?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 31

We are with EE.

So it's all about control again then!  The big companies can control your life even though the purchased items have manual input facility.

It didn't do this last year so why has this suddenly changed?

So it seems we'll have to call EE for them to switch to BST.

Why have the option to set the time but the provider change it anyway?  They don't change it at 1am to BST or BWT do they as i always have to change it.

Typical.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 31

Not so much Big Brother as simply ensuring that the time stamp for the answerphone & calls list is accurate. Or not in this case!

@Keith_Beddoemight be able to shed more light on why it's incorrect. Possibly an EE computer somewhere synced with the wrong time server.

Might be worth a post on the EE forums to see if others are affected.

Message 5 of 31

I will look in on this.
Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 31

Can't hurt to do a quick test to confirm. Change the time again & then call your landline from your mobile. That will confirm if the  incoming call is doing it. Just wondering in case DV works differently, if you have that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Did that and yes as soon as the call connected it changed from 22:30 to 09:30.
Have checked on EE forum but nobody posted so have done so. Waiting for a response but it will probably be "call EE".

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Make sure that the year is set correctly on the phones, as that is not sent by the network and if incorrect, will upset GMT/BST changeover date.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 31

Hi,
Yes it is correct as no need to change that.
Contacted EE but they claim it is our handsets fault. What? All 3 of them?
Yes I know the main one is on a main base unit so it might be that, but they are only 11 months old so if so then getting replacements.
But the base unit would not change the time back by one hour when incoming call - and there appears to be a lot of this happening and CLI is the reason by the provider.
The EE person i spoke with has never heard of anything like this.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 31

I am experiencing same problem on my BT4600 Cordless phones. Not had problem previously, but currently whenever I set correct time, it reverts back 1 hour to GMT,  when I receive incoming call. If I do not make call the correct time remains saved, as it also does if I make outgoing call. I have contacted my Service Provider, of Phone and Broadband service, who are Origin Telecoms, but they claim no problems with their Servers, and they never heard of this issue, and claim it must be my phones !! There seem to be a lot of Virgin Media Customers having same problem, but being told it is their phones at fault. This very frustrating, as there is clearly an issue beyond our control, and would welcome and advice or solutions please.

0 Ratings