cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Outgoing Calls

Go to solution

Any Ideas? Why does my phone make a call once a month to an ADT account that I no longer have even when ive blocked the no?

So i'me being charged for this everyt month

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Outgoing Calls

Go to solution

Presumably that's the alarm company ADT? In which case it's the alarm dialling, not your phone. You can't block outgoing numbers, so you need to disconnect the alarm if you want to stop it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@chrissy1 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Your phone cannot make calls, but your alarm unit can. If you are no longer using ADT, then disconnect the alarm unit from your phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

A lot of intruder alarm systems will every so often "phone home" they will do a handshake with the alarm company to check a number of things. 1. That a phone line is connected. There may be an update of software on your alarm panel. 2. The system will do a sanity check to ensure there are no problems with the alarm panel. 3 any system logs will be downloaded. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

When you do cut power to the alarm system/switch it off as we did a few years ago for that system, just be aware that many of them have a back up battery., At 3am about 3 or 4 days later we were all woken in the middle of the night by screeching alarm sounds on the alarm I thought was switched off and then I realised this must have been when its back up battery expired.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for your help

Tags (1)
0 Ratings