cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 38

Re: Digital Voice - How to disable voicemail function

Go to solution

I agree. Loads of older people don't have the internet. My neighbour does not have the internet, nor a mobile phone, just a landline. My late father was the same. he did try a PC in his mid 70s but dementia took hold and he never was able to use it. The idea everyone can "log into" XYZ is laughable. My son used to help another  neighbour and go to his house and things like how do you click with your mouse on to something on the screen was very hard for that old man.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 38

Go to solution

@Tim123 I would like to clarify that this has not changed with digital voice. BT service guides can still switch off and on calling features if a customer wants to call us instead of using MyBT.

Thanks

Neil

Message 33 of 38

Go to solution

Well there you go @Tim123 , regardless of age and or ability you can have Customer Service turn it off for you.

In case they don't know the Customer Service number it is 0330.1234.150

Message 34 of 38

Go to solution
Thanks Neil. Have digital voice answer to 10 rings ,and old phone answer machine cuts in. So all is good.
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 38

Go to solution

You are missing something. The problem is that when i go on holiday or have an afternoon nap I turn off my phone and my OWN answerphone so as not to be disturbed if I am asleep. and not to return to a heap of messages that may have been sitting there for days or weeks. My own answerphone gives a beep if there is a message so I know instantly if there is a message, I do not want this rubbish "hidden" system.

My own workaround is to leave a personal message on the BT answerphone saying "if you get this answering service do NOT leave a message as i do not monitor this service. Try again another time and only leave a message on my own answerphone.". The important people know when i am away and can always text me on my mobile if they need to communicate with me.

By the way, In case people don't realise, when you go away and unplug Digital Voice, (my landline), the phone still rings when someone calls, it's just that you don't hear it in the house, and the BT voicemail still comes in and asks the caller to leave a message. So I am blissfully somewhere nice and warm and an unsuspecting caller leaves me a message and will wonder weeks later why i haven't responded to it. When my nephew told me he had left a mesage on my voicemail the other day when my phone was turned off i did 1571 and found 3 messages on it. I hope my outgoing message to tell people not to use it does the trick.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 38

Go to solution

@Punetor 

Why do you no turn off the BT answering system either yourself in MYBT or if you can't manage that yourself then do as suggested by mod @NeilO  and phone CS 03301234150  and request that answering system is turned off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 37 of 38

Go to solution

What a load of nonsense

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 38

Go to solution

That must be the most convoluted way of dealing with an answer machine that I have ever heard. TURN IT OFF as mentioned in message 4 and it will solve all your problems.

0 Ratings