cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 98

Re: Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

Just configure a mail client if your choice on all your devices, it doesn't have to be the same one on each, configure them as IMAP and everything will always be in sync.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 98

Go to solution

You can download and use an email client on all your devices. If it is set up as an IMAP account it will synchronise all your devices so that what ever you do on one device such as delete or send an email it will show exactly the same on the other devices and in web mail should you ever need to access that.

All your folders and the emails within them will also be synchronised and accessible from any of the devices. 

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 98

Go to solution

In desperation I have downloaded Thunderbird and linked BT Mail to it.

BUT !!!!

I still can't send a message  as the Send button still refuses to appear.

I will now switch to another PC to see if my laptop is the cause         

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 98

Go to solution

(Temporary) Blessing !

Logged in on my Desktop (Windows 11) and I still have the old version!

For how long I am not sure but have managed to catch up with my work.

Anyone know how I can delay or prevent the new version from infecting my desktop PC?

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 98

Go to solution

@rickety wrote:

(Temporary) Blessing !

Logged in on my Desktop (Windows 11) and I still have the old version!

For how long I am not sure but have managed to catch up with my work.

Anyone know how I can delay or prevent the new version from infecting my desktop PC?

You can't. BT update at source not on your PC and they are doing it in batches so it will eventually be "updated".

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 98

Go to solution

It's taken several days of near panic since the new version landed on my laptop.

But it appears my PC has somehow 'adapted' to the new BT Mail and I can now use if freely. I can recognise some of the improvements but I don't think that it is much  better than before. But I do wish the 'powers that be' would get it fully tested before launch. I guess they maybe use us as guinea pigs to highlight the problems and then correct them - good job they don't design aeroplanes !!

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 98

Go to solution
Mine seems to be behaving itself now.
0 Ratings
Message 88 of 98

Go to solution

I had this very same issue. The send button tab "disappears" from a newly written email. However scrolling across the page to the right, ensures you'll find it somewhere in the ether ...

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

Another issue that has been going on with the previous "New" format, and is still an problem with this "New" format, is the address box when sending emails to multiple addresses. The Contact list/Address Book is alphabetical. However, when sending an email and the CC or BCC boxes are highlighted and the address box drops down, it is totally random and not in alphabetical order. When this first occurred a few years ago, I reported it to BT. I was informed that basically, this could not be changed.

How is it that every email provider I have ever used, all over the world, does not have this problem with the address book?

Message 90 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

@Terrior wrote:

Another issue that has been going on with the previous "New" format, and is still an problem with this "New" format, is the address box when sending emails to multiple addresses. The Contact list/Address Book is alphabetical. However, when sending an email and the CC or BCC boxes are highlighted and the address box drops down, it is totally random and not in alphabetical order. When this first occurred a few years ago, I reported it to BT. I was informed that basically, this could not be changed.

How is it that every email provider I have ever used, all over the world, does not have this problem with the address book?

As you are aware as per your previous post on this issue, Re: Logging in to email - BT Community

log onto your email account and go to "Contacts" in the menu bar and check that your contacts have been populated correctly. Any that have been auto collected will not have all the relevant fields filled out.

Once you have done that you can select the order in which the contacts are displayed either by fist name, last name or nick name by clicking on the up and down arrow in the lists menu bar.

When the contacts are added to the address field in your email they will be added in the order you selected them not alphabetically. 

0 Ratings