cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 98

Re: Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

Try this work around, it might help with some of the issues. When replying to or composing a new email try using the carriage return three times before starting to compose your email. Once you have composed the email you can then place the curser at the top of the email and delete the three carriage returns prior to sending. 

The best answer to fix all of the problems and relieve stress is to download and use an email client/app such as Thunderbird or Bluemail. By doing that you do not need to routinely use BT webmail unless you absolutely have to.

If you have a mobile device you are most likely already using the email app that came with the device or one that you have installed rather than using accessing your email on a web browser and if you are not you should change to an email app and you will wonder why you used a web browser in the fist place.

Message 72 of 98

Go to solution

Thank you.

But I have questions:

1. If the previous version of BT Mail worked fine before why has this happened?

2. Why do I have to go through this hassle to try to get back to where I was before?

I don't use my phone for email as it is too small and a laptop is my preferred choice for ease of working.

3. And if this new 'improved' version is so good why are so many people appear to be having problems?

I do have several other email addresses, Google and Yahoo and I will have to use those until BT sorts this out, if they ever do.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

As well as the other complaints and niggles expressed, I get annoyed when typing an email, the text frequently goes back to the start with the later text appearing before the original start. This is not a fault at my end as it happens on more than one computer.

The whole set-up needs to be looked at as it is more difficult to use.

0 Ratings
Message 74 of 98

Go to solution

@rickety wrote:

Thank you.

But I have questions:

1. If the previous version of BT Mail worked fine before why has this happened? No idea.

2. Why do I have to go through this hassle to try to get back to where I was before? No idea.

I don't use my phone for email as it is too small and a laptop is my preferred choice for ease of working. So why not use the correct tool for the job and use an email client or at the very least try an email client.

3. And if this new 'improved' version is so good why are so many people appear to be having problems? I have never seen the words "new "improved" version" when BT announced it. BT Email is changing | Help | BT | BT Help and I have not seen anybody on this forum calling it a new "improved" version or saying it is "so good". The reason so many are having problems would appear to be because BT did not fully test it before releasing it. 

I do have several other email addresses, Google and Yahoo and I will have to use those until BT sorts this out, if they ever do. That is obviously your choice but as previously stated using an email client would negate all these issues.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 98

Go to solution

@Phian 

Did you try as suggested in paragraph 1 message 71. It might not "fix" your issue but it could be worth a try and won't make it any worse.

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 98

Go to solution

It's not free, you pay for it within your monthly bill.  Anybody that leaves and is anywhere near tech savvy will have a client like Outlook, so to be able to use the product properly, you have to pay.  £7.99 a month!  So I'm paying that every month for something that is far worse than a product that was perfect when they were partnered with Yahoo!!!!!

Just a few things;

You can't drag spam into the Spam folder and that automatically flags all those going forward as spam.
Half the time in Edge, you can't reply to an email because the reply window freezes.
The first e-mail automatically gets the tick so unless you untick it, when you delete others, it goes as well.
Still, when abroad, the system flags up that it is being used as a spam delivery system and suspends any accounts being accessed, meaning you are constantly having to reset the individual accounts and change passwords, which then also have to be changed on every other devise when you get home.

Really, really poor product, especially when you are forced to pay for it.

0 Ratings
Message 77 of 98

Go to solution

And why do I have to keep going into Outlook, (you know, the one I have to pay £7.99 a month for the privilege of using....) so that I can see new mail that has been delivered.  Rather than waiting an age for it to do it automatically in BT Mail or having to refresh the screen, and even then, it doesn't work sometimes.

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 98

Go to solution

The only reason to pay £7.50/m for email if you are not a BT customer is in order to be able to use mail clients. The current problems are purely with the user interface of webmail, why if you are paying to use a client are you using webmail?

How often mail is fetched by a client is a setting in the client for polling frequency, nothing to do with BT.

0 Ratings
Message 79 of 98

Go to solution

Thanks Liquorice, don't take my comments personally though.  I was forced to leave BT Broadband after 20+ years due to the speeds being bad and had to go mobile.  The email platform has been terrible since they departnered a true internet company like Yahoo was.  After numerous updates the platform is still horrendous.

As far as questioning why I am using the webmail, thats nothing to do with you, I should be able to use whatever platform is suitable at the time and they should all work.  The webmail is in a tab on Edge so I can access it quickly.  As far as Outlook/client, it gives me a backup which BT doesn't (and is developed by a computer company, not a phone company.....

And I stand corrected, £7.50 for the privilege of accessing my email, poorly.

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 98

Go to solution

Thanks, I will give that a try.
I have used webmail so that I can access my emails from whichever device I am using, Desktop, Laptop or phone.
On the Desktop I use Livemail too which might make me a Dinosaur but it has its benefits. 

0 Ratings