cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

Yes, I was aware of that. I was just correcting his assertion that you had to pay for email to use a client.

Message 62 of 98

Go to solution

If I need to compose a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail I now write the text in Microsoft Word and paste into the e-mail.

I've tried that and found that, on occasions, whilst the formatting displays in the composition it can vanish once the mail is sent, giving rise to a continuous string of unformatted text, which must be a disappointing read at the recipient end. It's no better with a simple text editor like notepad either, which can result in some really wild moments.

Then again, I even find these BT Community boards peculiar... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 98

Go to solution

Totally agree ..seriously considering changing from BT to a more use-able email account !! I always  thought change = improvements .....but in this case definitely  NOT HAPPENED!!!

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 98

Go to solution

Can someone from BT answer customers who are struggling with the new mail system? Including :

1. Why was it necessary to change?

2. Who is responsible for the email - is it BT in house or is it farmed out to another company  eg Fujitsu?

3. When are BT going to address all the problems described in this forum?

4. As BT Mail is an integral part of BT's broadband offering will BT compensate customers for this debacle?

5. Could BT not revert to the previous system until the problems with the new system are solved ?

Message 65 of 98

Go to solution

This new format is very hard to use.  I could not type an email reply including a simple list because it would not let me end the list.  Then I could not delete the list.  Also the size of the typeface keeps changing within the email.  It's impossibly slow for typing emails.  This is unusable on the laptop.

Message 66 of 98

Re: Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

The changes are a disaster with the actual message content being condensed,

The colur codings are the sort of thing that drives most peole up the wall - totally unnecessary and not at all helpful.

Typing a reply message has become a bit of a lottery as the format jumps all over the place.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 98

Go to solution

I am a basic user having switched from BT to sister company PlusNet.

I have now been inflicted with the 'new' version. I can just about live with the coloured boxes but very annoyed that I have to manually move the pre-set margin at every new log-in.

Far worse is the system goes haywire when I click 'Reply' - easy enough to write in text but the 'Send' button has disappeared so unusable for me.

BT are supposed to be market leaders but this is a joke.

I can only hope that those who designed this version have another go.

I fear I must revert to G-Mail.  The old BT Yahoo was poor but this is much worse.

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 98

Go to solution

@rickety and @Grantalan 

If you read message 6 you will see how to turn off the coloured boxes.

Message 69 of 98

Go to solution

Folks reading the forum!!!! That'll be a first.

Message 70 of 98

Go to solution

Thanks but that is the least of my worries

0 Ratings