Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 98

Go to solution

This is an absolute disgrace! I am paying handsomely for a service that is hellish. Type an email and you are back to the start. Switch account and you are back to the same email address. Try to send a group email and it cuts off all the domain names. Slow as treacle. I suffer from high blood pressure, but this is making it soar even higher. GET THIS SORTED BT!

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 98

Go to solution

After all the issues that were apparent after the move from BTYahoo I was rather expecting this announced 'new version' to be something rather fine and superior to the previous (which still had issues after years of tweaks). Unfortunately that seems not to be the case and rather than a step forwards it appears things have taken several steps backwards. It's like history repeating itself. I'm not objecting to the idea of change per se, just that it seems full of 'peculiarities' once more, unlike any other web-mail I've come across. Whilst I understand from some of the comment that 'issues are being worked upon' I rather expect that will (again) be an exercise that progresses at a snail’s pace, never quite reaching the end goal.

One wonders why it seems so difficult to achieve things nowadays and why one needs to spend so much time fighting with IT systems in the process.

Message 54 of 98

Go to solution

@DISRUPTED It's quite staggering what a backwards step this "new" improved email is.  I maintain that they are doing it on purpose to drive us to the paid version, but then again some corporate incompetency is so incredible that they may be deluded enough to think it is a step forward.  I just wish those in charge of the changes would read these comments.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 98

Go to solution

If I need to compose a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail I now write the text in Microsoft Word and paste into the e-mail.

Thank you so much BT for an e-mail app that is now completely useless.

You obviously intend to do **bleep** all to fix this. 

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 98

Go to solution

I'm glad it's not just me having this problem. I am reluctant to ditch the e-mail address I have used for ever, though I have a couple of other options.

Perhaps someone at BT will be willing to cheer us all up soon

Jo C

Message 57 of 98

Go to solution

Why does everyone think they have to ditch their email address in order to have a proper user interface. Just use Thunderbird to handle your email rather than a web browser.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 98

Go to solution

I think someone said you have to have the paid email version to use Thunderbird and other options like that?

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 98

Go to solution

You only have to pay for Premium Mail if not a BT broadband customer. All BT broadband customers can use Thunderbird.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 98

Go to solution

@licquorice 

@kazzab  is no longer a BT Broadband customer so would require a BT Premium email account to be able to use email clients.

See messages 48 & 49