cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

Could not agree more! How long does it take to sort these issues out!

Message 42 of 98

Go to solution

Yet another BT disaster! I remain on this pathetic platform because of my fear of losing years of emails. All I've seen from the latest so-called 'update' is a string of fancy-coloured tabs that appear to serve no useful purpose, a slowing down to snail's pace when logging on and a constant message that I've 'timed out'.   

Could someone simply list what the 'new look' platform is supposed to be offering and why I've drawn my pension whilst waiting for my inbox emails to appear?  

Thx.

Message 43 of 98

Go to solution

There is absolutely no need to keep using the BT webmail interface.

Simply download Thunderbird set it to IMAP when prompted, enter your email address and password and rejoice in a proper user interface.

Message 44 of 98

Go to solution

@MartinMetrology Not to mention the Ad on the right hand side (saying the same thing) that pops up every time you go to move your mouse let alone move to a different email message!

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 98

Go to solution

@licquorice I'll give that a go and see what happens.  Both laptop and phone?

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 98

Go to solution

Thunderbird on laptop, Blue mail on phone.

Message 47 of 98

Go to solution

@MartinMetrology 

You can turn off the "coloured" squares by going into the settings found by clicking on your username at the top right then click on settings then Mail in the left hand column then untick the box "show avatar in the message list".

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 98

Go to solution

@kazzab 

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email account via a BT Premium email account.

If neither of the above it will mean that you are on the BTMail Basic account and that does displays adverts. It can also not be used with an email client or email app.

If you are one of the above you should not be seeing any adverts.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 98

Go to solution

@gg30340 Oh I see.  So I can't use the email or desktop app to link it and have a better interface?  I'll go on struggling with this free online version which will hopefully incentivize me to move over to Gmail.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 98

Go to solution

Thank you

0 Ratings