cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 98

Re: Comment ¦ New Email Format

Go to solution

**Edited**  And as regards not paying for BT email; I've been a BT customer for over 40 years, so used BT email from its introduction so don't want to change my ISP and my whole family's "btinternet.com" addresses.  And I've paid BT literally tens of thousands of pounds over the years so don'tgive me that "free" BS; 

Message 22 of 98

Re: new email format

Go to solution

I so agree about the Ad in the right hand side.  Been searching for how to remove it - at least stop it popping back once you have read it.  It's not as if it constantly changes, it's the same old ad coming back again and again stopping you from reading your emails.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 98

Go to solution

@kazzab 

Have tried clearing your browser's history and cookies as previously suggested in this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 98

Go to solution

This is my first foray into this forum and it took me so long to even find a mention of the Ad problem, let alone register to join in, that I probably have a lot of catching up to do.  My work computer clears out history pretty frequently and even when I log off for updates, nothing seems to change when I log back on to email.

Would clearing the cookies get rid of the Ad?  I'm also not very tech saavy so you may have to dumb down your answers!

Message 25 of 98

Go to solution

I no longer have the ad so I can not test it for you but clearing cookies etc won't do any harm. 

See message 20

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 98

Go to solution

Tried all that just now.  I wonder how you got rid of the Ad.  Must making reading your emails so much more pleasant.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 98

Go to solution

@kazzab wrote:

Tried all that just now.  I wonder how you got rid of the Ad.  Must making reading your emails so much more pleasant.

The ad stopped being displayed after I had did as I suggested however that could have just been a coincidence.

As regards "Must making reading your emails so much more pleasant".  I don't use the BTMail webmail to read or send emails, I use an email client/app on all my devices. This means that I do not need to use the BTMail webmail interface.

The only time that I do access it is to see what the problems are that are being reported in an attempt to either find a work around or to see if the way the poster is using it is the correct one for the new interface. 

Message 28 of 98

Go to solution

@kazzab 

Just a thought, are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BTMail Premium email account.

If neither of the above, you will be using a BTMail Basic account which does contain adverts as standard and they can not be removed.

See link.

BT Email products | Types of BT Emails | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 98

Go to solution

@gg30340 That all makes perfect sense now.  Yes, I use the basic and view through a web site.  I realized I was viewing it through the website (habit) while paying the fee and thought I may as well go to basic.  I don't have any BT products so can't link it to anything.  Keep meaning to change to gmail but I've had my BT address 25 years or so.

Message 30 of 98

Go to solution
It's ghastly, the font size changes part way through as well, into that faint small font, not good for viewing on a small screen either.