cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

What happens to my BT Email and BT Cloud if I move from BT to New EE?

New EE Broadband with BT Email

Customers who move from BT to a New EE promotion will be able to keep their existing email service.

Do I need to sign up for Premium Email when moving to New EE?
No – customers who move to New EE can continue using their e-mail service at no extra charge.

Will I be able to use email apps & clients when I move to New EE?
Yes – customers can continue using email apps & clients as normal.

Will the BT E-mail app be changing in the future to EE?
No – the BT E-mail app will continue with the current BT branding.

Will my email address change when I move to New EE?
No – your e-mail address will remain the same.

How do I update recovery details or setup Two Step Authentication?
Your e-mail address will remain merged with your existing BT ID so you’ll need to edit the BT ID recovery details (not the EE ID details).  Two Step Authentication will need to be setup in My BT.

How can I manage my e-mail addresses after moving to New EE?
You’ll need to log in to My BT and go to Your Products & Manage Email.  This option will only show on My BT (it won’t be available on My EE) so you’ll need to log in at www.bt.com/mybt and use your BT ID (not your EE ID).

Can I create new e-mail addresses after moving to New EE?
Yes – if you’re the billing account holder and an existing BT email customer, you can continue to create up to 11 e-mail addresses. You’ll be able to do this on the Manage Email page on My BT.

New EE Broadband with BT Cloud

Customers who move from BT to a New EE promotion will be able to keep their existing cloud service.

Will I lose my BT Cloud service when I move from BT to New EE?
No – customers who move to New EE can continue using the BT cloud service.

What details do I need to use to log into BT Cloud?
You’ll need to log in using your existing BT ID (not your EE ID).

How do I log into BT Cloud?
You’ll need to log in to My BT and go to Your Products & Manage Cloud.  This option will only show on My BT (it won’t be available on My EE) so you’ll need to log in at www.bt.com/mybt and use your BT ID (not your EE ID). Alternatively, customers can go directly to btcloud.bt.com to sign in.

Will the BT Cloud apps be changing in the future to EE?
No – the BT Cloud apps will continue with the current BT branding.

What happens to BT Cloud if I cease my EE promotion? Your BT Cloud service will also be ceased; this will happen 60 days after the broadband service cease date    

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: What happens to my BT Email and BT Cloud if I move from BT to New EE?

I transferred from BT to EE which goes live next week. When I initially signed up I asked if I would have to pay to keep my email, I was told by the advisor that I would not have to pay as BT & EE were merging to become one company, so I went ahead with the EE upgrade based on this information. Imagine my surprise when I was told I would have to pay £7.50 per month to keep my BT email.  Can you tell me why I have to pay as I was advised that the two companies were merging so would not have to pay.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Read the message above in particular the second question!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for this, very helpful.

I was advised on BT chat to yesterday contact the values team after a discussion on moving to EE.  The number he gave me was the standard number. 

" I would recommend you to speak with my colleague from values team to get the best plan added with us for New EE best plan added and I have got all the details updated. All you have to do is give a call on 0800 800 150 and you can call from Monday to Friday 8am - 9pm Saturday 8am - 8pm Sunday 9am - 6pm. Will you be able to call them now?"

I got through to someone on upgrades and they talked me through the move and said I see you have BT Cloud, you'll not be able to keep that if you move to EE.  Best to stay with BT a while longer until this is setup.

Who is correct?

What is the number for the values team?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Never mind, I got through on the standard number and billing.

Apparently they are having issues with this as the system won't let you move over to EE if you have BT Cloud.  They know that you can carry BT Cloud over and just access it through BT but computer says no.  

They are calling me back once this has been resolved.

0 Ratings