cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Saying incorrect username or password when logging into emails

For the last 2 or 3 weeks I haven't been able to access my BT email online, it keeps saying I am using an incorrect username or password, but I am NOT!  I use the same details to access My BT, I always have, and from there I've tried logging in to my emails and cannot.  I've also tried the standalone login, not through My BT.  Neither will let me in.

Please help I am at the end of my tether.  Its only been happening since BT changed the portal their end and I understand other people are having the same issue?  They've had help form the team at BT, if you are reading this please help me?!  Someone confirmed there was a gremlin in the system stopping their login from working, have I got the same?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Saying incorrect username or password when logging into emails

Have you tried the "new" email log on page. Click on the email button at the top of this page and try that if you have not already been using it.

If you still can not get access to your email try using the "Forgot Log on Details" on the BTMail log on page and follow the prompts.

BT recommend that you should not use the same password for both your BTMail and BTID.

See link.

I need to change or reset my BT Email password | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Yes I have been using the new email login, its only since I started trying this new login page that I've had issues.  You can have the same login for both, I've had this for many years and only started having login issues when this new email login page started.  I can get into My BT but from there I cannot get into emails either!  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

I've been here several times in last few weeks, trying to get into my emails online.  I've tried every entry point available and it still tells me I am using an incorrect username or password, which I am NOT.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

I am still unable to get into my email online, through any route!  Its only happened since BT changed their portal/login screen for emails.  If anyone from BT reads these posts, please help?!

I need to be able to access my emails when I am not at home and there will be junk emails I need to check and clear.  My username and password are correct, I can access my emails at home on my computer, and I can get into My BT as normal.

Is anyone else having this issue???

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

If you can log on at home on your PC it tends to show there is nothing wrong with your account.

What device are you using when away from home and how are you trying to log on. Is it with an email client/app or with a web browser and if so which one?

When you are away from home what country are you in?

Are you using a VPN if so try turning it off.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

That's what I thought, if I was using an incorrect email, username or password (which I am not) I wouldn't be getting them at home as normal!

No VPN.  Its a normal desktop computer and I am using Google Chrome, which I updated to newest version last week in case this was the issue.  I've also tried through Microsoft Edge.  

I'm in the UK, less than 10 miles from home.  I just work in a farm office a few mornings and its nice to be able to check my emails in my break as I work for myself.  I've also tried through my tablet and even online through my home computer and get the same message.  You are using an incorrect email, username or password.  Its very frustrating!

Earlier this week I logged into My BT and selected my email address as my preferred/favourite and this is suppose to mean I can see my emails trough My BT? But I still can't access them and the tick won't stay in the box to have it as my preferred email address. Its my only email address so there cannot be any confusion at BT?!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

Are you a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email account through BT Premium email?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

I am a normal broadband and telephone customer.  I don't have the premium email service.  I've always been a BT customer.

I still cannot get into my emails online, despite still being able to access from my home computer, which is proof I have the correct login details! 

Is anyone else having this problem since BT changed the login screens, and presumably changed something at their end?!!  I read on one of these messages that there was a bug in the system and someone form BT had sorted it out for them.  Any idea how I get to speak to or email the correct dept for this?

0 Ratings