cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Downloading attachments

Since the new email format I have been unable to download any attachments. I have raised this issue several times but had no response from bt. I need to be able to download attachments so I can print them off. If I select the print option from the drop down box, a pop up says “wait for preview window to open” but nothing happens. 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Downloading attachments

To download attachments you need to either click on the attachments name or go to the three small dots to the left of the attachment and click on that and click on download. The attachment will then be downloaded to your download folder.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

I have the same problem.

Doing what you suggest always worked in the past but no longer does.

Clicking on the attachment brings up the option of preview or download .  I can preview but clicking download elicits no action at all.

I deleted everything in the files folder thinking that was the problem but it hasn’t solved it.

Message 4 of 18

What device are you using and what web browser?

Are you clicking on the attachments name? If so that should download the attachment without any intervention from you and place it into your download folder.

When you select preview have you clicked on the small download icon at the left hand side of the preview to see if that works?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi

Thanks for replying.

I’m using Safari on my iPad.

I tried clicking the icon at upper left in the preview but that doesn’t work either!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

I don't use Apple devices so I can not check to see if it is a general problem or a problem with either BTMail on the iPad or your Safari browser.

Can you try another browser to see if it works on that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

I have clicked on the three dots and clicked download - nothing happens. I have also clicked “print” in the drop down box but it just says “ wait for the preview window to open “ and nothing happens. This is really annoying as I have attachments building up that I really need to print off but can’t.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

The problem is with BT, everything was working fine until they changed the format
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

Clicking the attachment name does nothing. I can preview the attachment but can’t print a ‘clean’ copy . If you select print from the preview it prints the whole email not just the attachment
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

@SGR1 wrote:
Clicking the attachment name does nothing. I can preview the attachment but can’t print a ‘clean’ copy . If you select print from the preview it prints the whole email not just the attachment

When you click on the attachment name, have you then checked to see if the attachment has been downloaded into the folder that you want your downloads to be downloaded into?

0 Ratings