cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 204

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Downloading an email client may seem like the solution but not everyone has the time to start decyphering the lingo of a new programme or the knowledge to set up the finer details. 

For instance I tried to set up my bt email in Outlook, where I have a hotmail account. I set it up as IMAP and initially it seemed to work fine but some emails just would not send. After wasting a couple of hours trying to work out why and failing, my thoughts were why should I be looking into all this? Also the knowledge that I might have to spend a few more hours tinkering with settings I decided to abandon Outlook.

My next go-to was Thunderbird. In setting up my bt email I was taken through a number of options that meant absolutely nothing to me, leaving me dithering on which answer was important/safe to choose. I'm sure I could have spent another couple of afternoons working it all out, but again, why?

My latest download is emclient, which so far, so good. During the installation it asked if I wanted PGP encryption. Well do I? Is it going to complicate my life even more? Will I actually be able to send and receive email messages without faffing about? Will I be safe if I don't install PGP? (I haven't for now, until I waste another few hours working out the answers).  I think I will stick with this email programme.

My point is, for people like myself who were once relatively tech-savvy but found better things to do in life, a few afternoons of research and learning will bring me up to speed, but I despair for the people who have always had better things to do.......

See what you've done to us BT?

Message 62 of 204

Re: Email from skenzie

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

BIG RED WARNING NOTICE WHEN TRYING TO VIEW THIS POST - WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?
0 Ratings
Message 63 of 204

I posted quite a long message this morning but can't see it.

Is it being reviewed?

0 Ratings
Message 64 of 204

@RogerH27wrote:
You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

BIG RED WARNING NOTICE WHEN TRYING TO VIEW THIS POST - WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

I'm getting this as well. I can (obviously!) see your comment but trying to access any others from email notifications, gives me that warning.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 204

I saw, first the email notification of that post (timed at 09:15 this morning), and followed through to read the whole message. Later, it was not accessible to view again, with the red banner that you mention.

I had been pondering whether skensie had deleted the comment themselves, or if it had be removed by one of the board controllers.

Just now, skensie posted again, in response to your question, and themselves asked what had happened - which rather throws doubt on my first possibility. I started to type a reply, but the message disappeared from my screen while I was typing.

For what it's worth, the original post was quite a long comment, by my judgement reasonably, continuing our discussion from yesterday about the level of computing expertise to be expected from users of the BT mail service: and the level of guidance needed for them to transfer to an alternative method of access.

Copying this post by private message to @RogerH27 , so I have a permanent record in case it in turn disappears from public view.

Message 66 of 204

@RichardHaselgrove 

There was an admin issue with skenzie, which should now be resolved.

Message 67 of 204

Yes, it is, and the post is visible again. Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 68 of 204

@RichardHaselgrove 

That`s good 🙂

The posts may be out of sequence, I am not sure.

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 204

The order on the board is absolutely fine, but I'm getting late email notifications for other posts by @skenzie , from a couple of days ago.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 204

Hopefully it should sort itself out, it was a hiccup in the system which I sorted.

0 Ratings