cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 205

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

But there is still a very long way to go. I do hope they fix the problem with incoming emails from companies and charities where the text is narrowed so that words are partially shown and continue on the next line. I can only asume they have excluded themselves from using the new system or annoying things like this would have been on the growing snagging list! Or even fixed by now!!

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 205

I do see a problem with fonts, with the new version.

I composed an email this morning, assembling the message from snippets of text copied from other sources - some from a website (so they'll include font formatting), others plain text. All text appeared the same size in the composition screen, but I can't see any way of previewing the final thing.

One of the recipients has replied, quoting my comments. His quote shows a clear change in font size with my first paste - but I didn't see that at the time.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 205

Can't see any difference yet.

1.Left hand 'folder' column still far too wide & I'm getting really fed up with constantly having to shrink it.

2.Incoming emails from companies still 'wrapping' words.

I haven't composed an email since it was apparently fixed, but not feeling particularly optimistic. 

And all this about using an IMAP (whatever that is - we aren't all tech wizards) - I have read that those are not very secure.

Message 44 of 205

IMAP is a mail protocol that is used with mail clients and is just as secure  (if not more so ) than webmail.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 205

This appeared - 'We are experiencing issues.'

The box extending over the screen is annoying.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 205

Known issues - "In some emails text wraps in the middle of a word". I would say "In all emails .....". Certainly mine.
Also I'm now having to log in regularly throughout the day, when I used to stay logged in. On holiday in Germany recently I had to change my password 6 times! If I weren't tied in to BT/EE in other ways I would change my email provider!! I do hope they fix everything very soon.
Message 47 of 205

There is no need to change email provider, just change the way you access your email. Use a mail client such as the free Thunderbird or EmClient rather than webmail. Takes less than 5 minutes to download and start using.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 205

I don't understand that at all. I either log in to BT Mail on my PC via the BT login page (which now keeps signing me out) or via BT Mail app on my phone. I don't know what those other things you mention, or mail clients are, or if that's on a PC or phone.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 205

I think you should add that there are two additional steps:

• Download
  • Install
  • Configure
  • Start using

In connection with the 'configure' step, we need a static, pinned, reference to:

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 205

@RichardHaselgrove wrote:

I think you should add that there are two additional steps:

• Download
  • Install
  • Configure
  • Start using

In connection with the 'configure' step, we need a static, pinned, reference to:

https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

As the person already has the BTMail app on their phone which had to be downloaded and installed and configured I would have thought it a given that most she/he would know that after having downloaded it and that you would have to install it other wise how would the program get on your device and most email clients and email apps configure automatically after you have entered your email address and password so you will most likely find that you do not need the settings you have so helpfully provided unless specifically asked for.

0 Ratings