cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 204

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

@sanders2378 

Did you try the suggestion in message 15?

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 204

Why not, it worked like a treat previously for the past 20 years plus and I was logged in continuously so only had to switch to the browser on demand.

Also, have you tried the bt mail app? It is **bleep**.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 204

@alanali 

Nobody said to use the BTMail app. There are plenty other better free email apps such as BlueMail which is the one I use.

As regards why was the stay logged on box removed you would need to ask the BT email team that but I would suspect it is a security issue to keep your connection to the BT email servers open.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 204

I have now. Let's see how it goes...
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 204

Your reply sounds like the post office Horizon helpdesk telling postmasters nothing is wrong with our system, the problem is with you stupid users!! 🤦‍♂️

Message 36 of 204

I was referring to persistent login which has disappeared since the upgrade AND lack of password reveal button, so that I can see I have typed the correct password now that I have to login every fecking time!

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 204

Its not my system and I never used that term but if it fits you who am I to argue with you.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 204

@gg30340
Ended up taking your advice, downloaded Outlook mail client app onto my mobile and configured the client as IMAP as I just couldn't be bothered having to put up with the BT web browser interface upgrade issues.
I was relieved to see all my web client folders including Spam and Trash visible in Outlook. 👍
0 Ratings
Message 39 of 204

@alanali 

Good. Glad you set it up as an IMAP account and not a POP3 account. If you had set it up as a POP3 account all your email folders and emails on the BT servers would not have been replicated and synchronised with those on webmail.

They would still be on the BT servers and accessible in webmail but anything you did on either webmail or your POP3 email client would not be replicated on the other. ie delete an email in POP3 it would not be deleted in webmail and vice versa.

If you have more than one device, if you set up an email client as IMAP on all your devices they will all be fully synchronised, ie what you do on one device will show the same on the other devices and in webmail where as on POP3 it would only show on the device that you made the change on.   

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 204

• I can confirm that the overly wide left-hand pane is still there and, if adjusted, the width is not remembered.
  • The interface appears to be a little faster
  • There are no problems that I can see with composing e-mails - no jumping cursor, backspace problems, word wrapping, font issues or anything else. But then I've never seen any of those reported problems myself.
  • The triple-click problem I reported appears to have been fixed. Now, a double-click on an e-mail is sufficient to open it within its own window.
  • I still don't like the representation of embedded images when they are not shown automatically particularly larger images. The envelope icon is magnified to become very blurry and rather ugly to look at like this:

ShaunOM_1-1713433145137.png

I prefer the previous approach where an almost empty square was shown with a little graphic in the top-left corner like this:

ShaunOM_0-1713433106953.png

But maybe it's just me as I haven't noticed any other comments about this.

So congratulations to the development team on some signs of improvement.
May it continue.

0 Ratings