cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 215

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

When you improve an application, it doesn't mean making it worse than what it was.

The new email login interface performance is slow and taking away the saved login session is stupid and VERY frustrating!

Please restore it urgently as having to login every time I go back to check my emails on my mobile is stupid and risky since I have to type in my password every time!

Also, taking away the password showing feature leads to incorrect login attempts. I am swearing at BT everytime I login now!

Message 22 of 215

@alanali 

Why on earth are you using a web browser to check your emails on your phone. You would be far better using an email app which negates you having to log in every time and use BT webmail. 

If you set the email app up as an IMAP account it will show all your emails and folders that you have on the BT email servers and will synchronise with your BT email account so that regardless of which device you use they will all be showing the same emails and folders. 

Message 23 of 215

@alanali wrote:

The new email login interface performance is slow and taking away the saved login session is stupid and VERY frustrating!

Nothing to do with the new interface, that is a browser function

Please restore it urgently as having to login every time I go back to check my emails on my mobile is stupid and risky since I have to type in my password every time!

You can do that yourself as it is under your control, not BT. The login url has changed, you need to delete your saved logins and save the new logins.

Also, taking away the password showing feature leads to incorrect login attempts. I am swearing at BT everytime I login now!

As @gg30340 says, why on earth use a browser on a phone? Use a mail app and you wouldn't need to enter any credentials at all after configuring it with your details, it will log you in automatically.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 215

@licquorice 

Nothing to do with the new interface, that is a browser function

Untrue. I'm typing this in a browser with 16 tabs open - and the vast majority are using a persistent login provided by the relevant site/account providers.

That includes this messageboard facility - I don't have to login each time I visit. I didn't have to login every time to read my webmail before the current changes, either. The persistence of the login wobbled about a bit, from a few hours to a few days - but it was (usually) there. Now it seems to be gone for good: that's a change made by BT, not by us or our browsers.

Message 25 of 215

@RichardHaselgrove 

You are talking about "Being kept logged on" which is a cookie function from BT and @licquorice  is talking about your log on details and password being automatically filled in when you want to log on which is a browser function.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 215

I assumed @alanali was referring to saved logins rather than persistent login, it is not clear from the post which.

Message 27 of 215

@gg30340  - I think @alanali was also talking about "Being kept logged on" - "saved login session".

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 215

I think that's where the confusion lies.

Saved login = browser

Login session  = BT

Saved login session = confusion

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 215

I have a box in the bottom left saying compose that can't be closed by clicking on the X. It's what happens if you minimise a new email, but that would have a double arrow to open.

Still find if you type a long paragraph it extends the box to the right of the screen and have to use scroll bars.

Is it slow, or is that my laptop?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 215

Please can someone remind me how to check the version number?  Is it in the address?  Mine says v=ci-MX_3.4.1#/mail  I had hopes that post 16th April it might have improved but instead it's worse than ever.  

0 Ratings