cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: NOW TV Account Details

Go to solution

We are experiencing the same issue. We have been logged out of NOW and cannot log back in. When we enter the email address and password that we have now reset, it just starts the entire process (which is very frustrating, as you have to do this manually each time - there really should be a QR code, but hey ho)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution
I think you have a better chance getting help on if you create a new thread. This thread is marked as solved so I’m not sure it will be monitored by anyone who has knowledge of how to resolve.
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@Stephenson148 Now TV released an update last week for multiple platforms that has broken it for many users.  They're working on a fix.  If this is on your TV Box then you shouldn't even need to log into the app - if it's asking for a login, then the issue still isn't fixed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

As @DarrenDev says, the app login shouldn't be needed as the box should perform a silent login. 

We have been working with Now on the issue (which isn't confined to BT/EE devices or impacting all customers).

Live TV channels like Sky Sport, Showcase accessed through the EPG are not impacted as they use a different authority chain. 

We have confirmed that for those impacted, login is accepted and VOD and other assets can be played while the app is open (confirming login is valid) but it doesn't persist across sessions, meaning a manual login is needed each time the app starts which is understandably frustrating (esp. when needing the on-screen keyboard)  - we are continuing to liaise with the Now team to assist triage and expedite a fix as quickly as possible. I'll update more as we have it.

Thanks

David

Tags (4)
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, we have been working with the Now team today, and believe the issue is now understood as is the required fix.

The Now team are working to get the change implemented and we hope to see that deployed tomorrow (30th April)  after testing is completed.

Once deployed the app will update itself and the Now app should launch without the Unknown Page error being shown and allow silent login to complete.

I'll update again tomorrow once we have confirmation that the fix is rolling out.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi folks. Now have updated their TV Box app to 9.3.11 and we've seen issues return to pre-incident levels. 

We have seen a couple of instances where account details have required an update and/or a password reset, possibly  where they have been changed previously and not fully synchronised with the Now account management system.

If you are still seeing a login prompt instead of the homepage, it's worth checking you can log into Now account management page at NOW (nowtv.com) and confirm credentials are up to date or whether a password reset might be needed. If that doesn't fix the issue, let me know and we'll take a look at individual cases as needed.

Thanks 

David