cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Error code YVM607

Hi All

i keep getting this error code, I have done everything suggested, swapped HDMI, restarted box, nothing else plugged in yet this still happens. The only thing that works is to switch power off to TV and box, this then fixes it for a few days.

its driving me mad any help would be appreciated thanks

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Error code YVM607

@Kdawber 

Which model YouView box, model of TV, and specification of HDMI cable do you have?

Does the error correlate with you attempting to watch 4K content at all, as this error is HDCP related?

Try dropping down a level on the resolution of the YouView box, from 4K to HD, or, if you are already on HD (1080p)  drop to  1080i or even 720p for a while, see if it resolves the issue.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Hi it’s the BT TV box pro (only 4 months old). The hdmi lead is the one that came with the box. TV is Samsung curve ultra HD.

it happens when watching any content or channels

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

@Kdawber 

Thanks for that.

The HDMI cable should be OK, unless it’s faulty. But I think you’ve triad an alternative one?

Certainly, though, make sure the HDMI cable is running in free air and not close to any other cables from which it pick pick up cross-channel interference.

There have been too many Samsung curved TVS to narrow it down from your description, alas. What does Menu/Network/Device Name, or possibly Menu/Support/Device Name if there is no such value under Network, show you?

What is/was your Pro box resolution (Settings/Picture), and have you tried reducing this, to see if it makes the problem go away (though obviously, that’s just diagnostic, not a long term solution)?

Message 5 of 23

Hi

Samsung 6 series (55) is what’s on device name for tv

karen

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

This error is every day.

The only way to clear it has been to take the power out of the TV, just briefly and power it up again.

I have dropped all the settings, bought a high grade HDMI cable, but nothing is resolving it.

Has anyone found a solution?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

@Kimbals As @Midnight_Voice said, the error is related to HDCP and I'd recommend changing the output too see if that makes a difference. It's good you've tried changing the HDMI lead, but sadly, this means the issue is either in the TV or the EE box.
Do you have another TV you could test this on? That would allow you to see if it is the TV or the EE box that is causing the issue.

Message 8 of 23

Hi @SoupDragon57,

Thank you VERY MUCH, I changed my HDMI cable to another port and, so far, no errors.

Very strange why it suddenly has started happening on that port

Watch this space, I may be back.

Paul

Tags (2)
Message 9 of 23

@Kimbals I should have thought of that one! Changing HDMI port is the next move before another TV. It could be that the HDMI port you were using isn't certified to the right HDCP level or has got a fault. Hope the alternative HDMI port solution works out 🤞

Message 10 of 23

I purchased a new high grade hdmi cable - thought it had worked but then did it again! Unusually it tends to happen on a Sunday morning - one not a clue why!

0 Ratings