cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Rip off BT

Anyone paying over £90/month for BT broadband and Sports?

Just wondered if you managed to get the price down with BT somehow.

Extortionate price considering I can get elsewhere for £30/month

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Rip off BT

if you can find another ISP who will provide same broadband package and BT sports for £30 then move and save £60

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

I can't until my contract runs out.  I was asking if anyone had managed to get a cheaper price out of them.

I will cancel once my contract runs out believe me!

Message 4 of 21

if your contract ends in next few months thentry retention team 08007831401 and see if you can negotiate a better deal than you have but I am sure that it will not be £30pm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

What exactly does ‘Sports’ entail ? , both Sky Sports  and TNT Sports ,  or just one of those , with HD/UHD or without, with ‘entertainment’ channels or without ? , you need to be a little more specific as to what is included in your price .

FWIW ,  looking  at the most obvious direct competitor , using their online package builder , to get broadband and ‘sports’ , ( TNT & Sky ) came out at around £90 ( you don’t have a choice but to take entertainment) a little less can be paid if committing to a longer minimum term .

Entering into negotiation may get a better price  , but as far as ‘list price’ , it seems the price you were quoted seems to be ‘in the ballpark’  , providing what you are being offered is comparable with the package offered by a competitor.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

My Bill for Halo 3 and BT TV was coming to £106 a month (no sports). 

I’m now with Sky broadband and TV 
Faster internet connection and HD TV with more channels for 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Absolutely no reason why Sky would be faster on the same Openreach equipment that was used when you were a BT customer, unless you were on 55Mb with BT and have taken the 80Mb profile with Sky .
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

I think BT Prices are pretty good, I'm paying 80 pounds a month

Full Fibre 900
Big Sport
BT/EE TV Box Pro

Usually this package is over 90 but I signed up when Big Sport was on offer.

When I looked to get anywhere near close to this with Sky, you would be looking at a Sky Stream package, but with BT you are getting a proper box with a hard drive in it, Sky Stream's kinda fake recording function and inability to skip ads unless you pay for it I think is lame. If you go for Sky Q and have proper boxes and want all the sport you are looking at over 100.

Prices fluctuate but I look at it this way.

NowTV (Sport) = £35 + £5 Boost - Sometimes there are offers
Discovery Plus Premium = £30

With BT you are securing cheaper pricing on both these over a 24 month contract, I was paying £70 just to stream sport and then £55 to virgin to pay for broadband at 350Mbps prior to joining BT, on all of the occasions I checked, albeit as a new customer, pricing with BT was the best for Broadband and Sport.

Also having been a sky customer for very long periods, they are the worst once your initial new customer deal runs out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT Full Fibre 900 (Big Sport UHD) - Nokia ONT - Ubiquity ER-X - EETV Box Pro (IP Mode)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Thank you for your response. I really do not want to move but £90/month is a lot of money.

Thanks for your advice, I will certainly take it on board before I make a decision with BT

Message 10 of 21

Hi @kerrydd1972   Do you subscribe to an unnecessary Halo benefit?

0 Ratings