cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Not been offered a competitive renewal deal for broadband & tv

Currently on Fibre 100 with Sport & HD, paying £84 a month.

Out of contract since March and the online upgrades offer Full Fibre 900 with Big Sport for approx £95, with HD an extra £6 on top. This doesn't appear to be 'personalised deal' at all.

Seriously considering switching to Virgin Media to their Full Fibre 350 with Big Sport (Sky & TNT Sports in HD) for around £70 a month.

Spoken to BT retentions twice now (Sat 20th and Sat 27th), both times my guide has said he cannot get a better deal than what the online upgrade quotes, apparently asked his managers, looked at all possible deals and that is the best they can offer. Told this is some issue with my account which is not allowing the out-of-contract deals to show up for them, they will raise a technical case to resolve it and I should call back in 2-3 days. But was told that on the 20th.

My preference would be to remain with BT - or switch to EE - but I'm not prepared the pay an extra £25 a month for that privilege. 

I'm just amazed that despite been very clear that I am thinking of leaving BT and quoting the Virgin offer, that BT aren't trying at all to keep my business.

Has anyone else found this? Any other tips/routes people can suggest? 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Not been offered a competitive renewal deal for broadband & tv

@shuttsywrote:

I'm just amazed that despite been very clear that I am thinking of leaving BT and quoting the Virgin offer, that BT aren't trying at all to keep my business.

Has anyone else found this? Any other tips/routes people can suggest? 

Noting unusual there & I've experienced it myself on several occasions. You essentially have two options:

• Keep calling in the hope that you somehow connect with someone who can make you an offer.
  • Place an order with another supplier in the hope that will prompt BT to contact you with an offer.

It's one of the vagaries of BT's business model that dates back years. They will happily wave goodbye to an established customer by making no concessions, while simultaneously offering a new customer a better price AND incentives like cash back or reward cards. So they actually make less money from recruiting a new customer than they would have done by retaining the existing one.

Short answer is you have to be prepared to walk.

0 Ratings