cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Full Fibre Promise on Halo 3+

I renewed with BT because they said that as soon as full fibre was available at our address they would upgrade me. Well, it's available now for me but they have told me that I'd have to take out a new two year contract in order to get this upgrade. And they'd not be able to give me any preferential terms as I'm not within 4 months of my contract end and so am not eligible to special deals. Not at all what the terms say. 

I've managed to obtain the full terms for the full fibre promise after commenting on another post about this topic. From the website

"BT Halo 3+ Terms and Conditions

What is BT Halo 3+ and how does it work?

If you have BT Halo 3+, in addition to the rest of the BT Halo 3 Broadband benefits you’ll also get access to our Full Fibre, Hybrid Connect, Complete Wi-Fi and our Smart Hub.

1.  What is Full Fibre? Full Fibre is our next generation fibre broadband piped straight into your home. It’s our fastest and most reliable broadband yet. We are bringing speeds of up to 900Mb to our customers and our speeds are more consistent no matter how many devices are connected and what time of day.  Current BT Halo 3+ customers will be able to upgrade for free to Full Fibre 100 when it becomes available in your area. You will not need to re-contract."

I phoned up again today and was told the same thing as before ; that when I can get full fibre (they are connecting the dots regarding that as I was set up with an access point at the exchange over a week ago but it's not showing on their systems yet) I will need to recontract on a fibre package as I'm currently on a ADSL package. Er yes, but within the full fibre promise it's clear - a continuation of contract and no recontract and I should be put on the Full Fibre 100 .

Does anyone know how, in practice that this works and has anyone ever managed to get the full fibre without recontracting? 

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Full Fibre Promise on Halo 3+

So to confirm , you currently pay extra for  the Halo3+ option in addition to whatever ADSL/FTTC broadband package you take ?, perhaps the Mods will take a look as it does seem clear that a no contract extension upgrade to FF100  is a benefit of Halo 3+ , it’s unclear why this is an issue .

Message 3 of 20

Well I've been onto the value team again today and they are insisting that even on Halo 3 plus I will need to recontract for another 2 years if I want to move onto full fibre. They veer between saying it's not available in my area to saying I can have it but I need to recontract. I am getting such utter rubbish . They don't know their own terms and conditions.

So I'm stuck. I don't want to recontract.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Having FTTP access is easily checked , enter your address here 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If FTTP is not available the the non contract extending upgrade is somewhat moot 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

IMG_8152.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

I can only think that BT are being a little underhand here and not routinely honouring their Halo3 plus promise. Every agent I have spoken to (three now) have said I have to recontract. That must happen to everyone who has Halo 3 plus and fibre becomes available. It's really not good....unless there are some obscure exclusions from this very bold Halo promise that they make.

I'll just move to Sky when my contract is up for renewal in 6 months.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

@Burmey 

it is quite clear to 'what do you get with halo 3+

With BT Halo 3+ you'll get...

• Smart Hub 2. We'll give you a Smart Hub 2 with wi-fi controls for managing your family's screen time
  • Hybrid Connect. Stay online even if you lose your broadband connection. This is instead of the Keep Connected Promise and means you don't have to wait for a Mini Hub to arrive
  • Full Fibre Promise. This means a free upgrade to Full Fibre 100 once it's available in your area
  • Complete WiFi, which gives you a strong signal in every room in your house or £100 back

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 20

I know it's clear. How do I make BT give it to me and honour their promise? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

@Burmey 

it is even clearer here

BT Halo 3+ Terms and Conditions

What is BT Halo 3+ and how does it work?

If you have BT Halo 3+, in addition to the rest of the BT Halo 3 Broadband benefits you’ll also get access to our Full Fibre, Hybrid Connect, Complete Wi-Fi and our Smart Hub.

1.  What is Full Fibre? Full Fibre is our next generation fibre broadband piped straight into your home. It’s our fastest and most reliable broadband yet. We are bringing speeds of up to 900Mb to our customers and our speeds are more consistent no matter how many devices are connected and what time of day.  Current BT Halo 3+ customers will be able to upgrade for free to Full Fibre 100 when it becomes available in your area. You will not need to re-contract.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

@Burmey 

as CS obviously don't know their T&C (not unusual) I have asked a forum mod to help  they will post here