cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Email address to request compensation?

Go to solution

I'd like to send an email rather than find time around work and bieng a carer, to make a phone call.

My ladline did not work for over a year.  I don't use it but we do not want to lose our home phone number.  I recently decided to report a repair - to find that our line had been unplugged at the exchange.

Surely they know whether this was done as we'd have not received any incoming or made any outgoing calls since it was unplugged.  In the meantime they have collected the Direct Debit.  I would like to ask whether we are entitled to any compensation but it's sending me round in a loop to make a phone call, and I don't want to do this, I would prefer to do live chat or email.

Anyone have any info on how I can do this.  Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Email address to request compensation?

Go to solution

I doubt they’d give you much in the way of compensation as they usually only go by the date you reported it.

You might get some kind of goodwill gesture.

Why did you wait a whole year to report it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

No such thing as being unplugged at the exchange, and as far as compensation it’s from when you reported the problem to the date it was repaired, minus two days , it’s ridiculous to think you are going to be compensated for the time you didn’t even notice the fault , or were not motivated enough  to report the problem .

Even if it were genuinely a whole year ago , you should have reported it then , if your preposterous claim were valid , someone could simply sit on a problem racking up compensation ( that is way more than the cost of the service) considering it a ‘nice little earner’ , without even giving the supplier the opportunity to repair the problem , you are dreaming if you think you have a case .

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Because we have 2 lines into our house and I couldn't be bothered because I was too busy to deal with it.  That and the fact it says we may get charged.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
How can the supplier know you aren’t just making this up ?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
You'd think - but this is what the engineer told us. That the line had been unplugged in the exchange box at the end of the road and hadn't been plugged back in.

We have 2 lines into our house and - on the advice from BT - kept the line as we used to flip between lines to get a better Broadband deal.

That aside, I've been paying for something that was not working - motivated or not. The lack of motivation was the threatened 'charge' if the problem was ours.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Making what up?

The guy that fixes it comes into your house and plug a box into your line to find out what the issue is. They knew within 2 hours of my reporting it, that the problem was 'outside of my property'. They'll also see the line hasn't been used because we don't have a phone package and our bills are itemised.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Just because it wasn't used for outgoing calls doesn't mean you don't have to pay for it. A line is 2 way, it would have been available for incoming calls.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

OK, you may have been to busy but that doesn’t change the fact BT will only pay you a Line Rental Rebate from when the fault was Reported.

0 Ratings