cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Another EE question.

Go to solution

Long story short although its a good read 😉 ... jump to end for question.

Been with BT since dinosaurs roamed the area, contract up for renewal and found when deal had been sorted the documentation (emails) showed I had been moved to EE... I get the tie up and why that happened although nothing about that was explained at the time, however...

The new contract was set up in my late fathers name not mine. This has been an issue for years with BT and they said historically it was not possible to change contract names but did alter it years ago to show c/o (care off) in my name.

So new EE contract is in the wrong name with no mention of me despite the call at the time implying there was no problem.

As these things always come back to bite you I went into town and visited EE store where they said only way to alter was to cancel 'new' BT/EE contract and set it up again in my name. Have to say they were absolutely on the ball and really helpful. Old should end on the 7th and new begin on the 8th.

Now the question.

BT said nothing would change and I would just keep the same equipment which is a Smart Hub 2 that I bought myself a couple of years back. Although BT don't know that, they must be able to 'see' I'm using it as I was switched to VOIP without any offer of anything new when the switch occurred a few months ago. Never the less, the Smart Hub is mine and I have the receipts. 

The last BT supplied equipment I had was the white Open Reach modem and Hub 3 from memory. 

Two letters from EE. One a 'Sorry you are leaving' and the other saying 'Hello to your new contract' which is due to begin on the 8th.

This letter specifically says and this is a word for word quote:

'If you are using one of our or another companies router it will not work on your new service, so you'll need to replace it with the Hub we are sending you'.

That implies a Smart Hub 2 or even existing EE router will not work.

Originally I was told by BT I would just retain my current setup. I'm just signed up for regular FTTC as I was before with BT.

Are they right or wrong on the Hub?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Another EE question.

Go to solution

@Mooly 

As this relates to an EE contract, you need to post on the EE forum.

https://community.ee.co.uk/

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Another EE question.

Go to solution

Fair enough.

0 Ratings